NFL Yahoo stream through AppleTV

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by mattopotamus, Oct 25, 2015.

1. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I am sure everyone knows the NFL is streaming a game in London through yahoo right now. I am using the Yahoo app on the appleTV, and it is easily the best stream I have seen (better than the watch ESPN app or NBC). Even if you do not care about football, you should check the stream out....it looks fantastic. This is how all apps should look!

2. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

I watched a Collective Soul concert via Yahoo Screen a couple of weeks ago and it worked very well.

3. xlost6 macrumors 6502

It's an amazing stream. It struggles on the website if viewing from PC or Mac. But it's a beauty on the Apple TV! I hope they this a lot more next year. I know they are testing the waters but I hope this gives them some feedback to try it more.

4. Scoop24 macrumors regular

I wish they would add the Sunday ticket app already

5. mattopotamus thread starter macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I wish I could just straight up buy sunday ticket without work arounds. Where I live I can get directv, so I cannot just straight up buy sunday ticket.

I would hope the apple store would make it so sunday ticket has an app for people who have it though.

6. jdag macrumors 6502a

Yahoo's streaming was fantastic. I did not have a single drop or buffer, completely opposite of my experience with WatchESPN on Monday nights. NBC Sport is OK on Sunday nights, but not close to Yahoo's performance. Great stuff!

I also checked out the performance on the same TV using a FireTV Stick, and it seemed very good too. Although I only tried the FireTV for a couple of minutes.

That being said, as a Bills fan, I kept hoping that the streaming would fail...............

7. maclook macrumors 65816

Ah, I didn't even think to check the native Apple TV app. I was getting it on my TV by airplaying from my iPhone, which started doing that annoying thing where it stops airplaying whenever the phone goes to sleep and I eventually gave up since non of the players were on my Fantasy team anyways.

8. dearfriendx macrumors 6502

dearfriendx

It's not that simple. DirecTV has a stranglehold on the rights. You must have DirecTV to get SNT

9. Scoop24 macrumors regular

I understand that but a lot of devices do have the app already . Hopefully apple can get the rights to add it too .