Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cappy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2002
Just throwing more gas on the fire. ;)

Many, many months back there were various rumor sites declaring that Apple was looking into using nvidia's nforce chipset on their next motherboards. Since then this has died down and with the recent rumors that nvidia is about to launch the nforce 2 it got me thinking about that all over again and the fact that Apple has alledgedly delayed announcing the new PowerMacs. Granted the real reason could be inventory but as I've stated in other threads that it seems like Apple would have known about this "inventory" problem a little earlier than right before the show.

Check out the link below. It doesn't say anything about supporting PPC but that "could" be something that is being kept quiet between Apple and nvidia until the time is right. Word was that nvidia didn't like Apple announcing the gforce 4 card shipping with PowerMacs awhile back before their official announcement so perhaps Apple is now under gag orders so to speak until nvidia makes their announcement.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=4404

This is all based on previous rumors and my own speculation because the nvidia announcement is due soon. Nothing factual really in the connection to Apple...just a guess. If my guess is right, anyone want to buy me a new PowerMac? ;)

Cappy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2002
Originally posted by voyagerd
how much ram does it have?

How much ram does what have? I'm talking about a chipset that Apple may be using for their motherboards created by nvidia.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.