NFTS Paragon Safety?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by flimzy, Jan 5, 2017.

1. flimzy macrumors regular

Hi all. I recently upgraded my trial for NFTS Paragon 14 for the Mac. I typed in "Paragon Coupons" in google and came across a website titled "macnfts.com". On the website it provides links for coupons for the Paragon Software and several other softwares. One of the links leads you to a shady website that provides coupons for a bunch of different softwares, but the shady thing is that one of the subcategories of that website is titled "Wifi Hacker". Nonetheless, another link on "macnfts" redirects you to the actual Paragon shopping cart where it automatically applies a 25% coupon to the product. I thought that this might be legitimate since it appears to be the real site. So I ended up buying it with the discount on my paypal, and downloading+ activating it on my computer. Is it possible that the redirect could have been a virus implanted into the program? It seems like its the real program as it came from the website?

Thanks,

Flimzy.

2. vmachiel macrumors 68000

If you downloaded the app from the actual developers website, you should be fine.