NHL GameCenter Live for the iPad2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RMD68, Mar 8, 2011.

1. RMD68 macrumors 6502

I am an avid hockey fan, and I want to get the nhl gamecenter app when I get my iPad. I have the nhl gamecenter app for my iphone, but that app is only good for stats, scores, etc. I want to get the live version, so I can access the live feeds for out of market games.

I have a few questions in regard to the iPad version of the app:

Before I upgrade to the live version, do I need to download the premium app or can I upgrade from the free app?

If I purchase a subscription for the service, can I use it on my computer as well as my iPad?

How is the quality of the live feeds and other features that come with the service on the iPad?

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. bidwalj macrumors 65816

I have the gamecenter live and all you need is the basic app. All you need to sign up for is the game center subscription which lets you view live games on your computer as well. Picture quality is great, I had no issues even on 3g. You get both the home and away feed.

3. jlasoon macrumors 6502

I can't get this app to work on my iPad. It constantly buffers and gives a limited bandwidth message. And I have a 40mbps connection. Every other app works fine, this one just plain sucks.

4. cpr2102 macrumors newbie

NHL Game Centered Live purchased through app store

Hi,
    I made the mistake of downloading the app first, then purchasing NHL Game Center Live via my iPhone (through the App Store). I used it briefly on my phone but had expected to be able to log in to my account through nhl.com online as well. The support at NHL Game Center told me that if I had purchased it through them them I'd be able access it on my computer and iPhone, but because I purchased it on my iPhone there's no way for them to provide me with a username and password for nhl.com.

Has anyone encountered this problem or something similar?

Do you think iTunes would provide a refund under the circumstances?

Thank you!
    Clint

5. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I have this app on my iPhone and iPad. Although I mainly watch the games through my Apple TV, I love that when I'm out, I can still watch over 3G on my iPhone. The app is a must have for any hockey fan, and even more so if you have the NHL Gamecenter subscription.

6. c14nhl macrumors 6502

c14nhl

7. rkheyfets macrumors regular

no, only in us and canada