Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cheisA1A

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2012
Midwest
I just purchased an Apple TV and saw the NHL Gamecenter App. I searched online and it sounds like this is better than buying the NHL CenterIce package from dish network. How many games were in HD last year? Is the dvr user-friendly?
Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
I just purchased an Apple TV and saw the NHL Gamecenter App. I searched online and it sounds like this is better than buying the NHL CenterIce package from dish network. How many games were in HD last year? Is the dvr user-friendly?
Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks

not many are HD on Centre Ice, unless you have spoty bandwidth id go with GameCentre

ratfink

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2012
I've had both and Game Center is the better option. I think the number of HD channels you get with Center Ice depends on your provider. Game Center provides them all in the quality of your choice. I love being able to watch games in high quality in a browser while working.

The site itself is kinda flakey and can refuse logins and have other issues, but it's still worth it. I had the Game Center app on my Samsung TV last season and the app just stopped working altogether one day. NHL said it was Samsung and Samsung couldn't have cared less.

NRak

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2012
NHL apps are certainly spotty at times. Heard from a friend that the PS3 one wasn't even updated yet for this year. But he could've been drunk. Ha

But GameCenter is amazing. Definitely worth the $25. Even if the apps on devices are sucking, I've never had an issue with the website.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.