NHL gamecenter updated

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by big samm, Dec 15, 2010.

1. big samm macrumors 65816

Now it's stays in the background, you can launch the app without cutting off the iPod app anymore... And finally live games.... 119,99$ ouch!! But for real hockey fans it shouldnt be a problem...

2. abooch1 macrumors regular

anybody use this? how is it? can you only watch one game at a time?

3. Surely Guest

Surely

Real hockey fans buy the $119 live games package for anonymous forum members named Surely.... are you a real hockey fan?

:D

4. 87vert macrumors 6502

87vert

if they didn't have the local games blacked out I would easily purchase the subscription since I don't have cable and they games don't come on over the air. :(

5. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

The Gamecenter subscription is $159 or $19.99/month to watch live games. I subscribe to this since I can watch Blackhawks and Penguins games via my PS3 on my Plasma TV. For me, streaming via my PS3 is well worth it. Although when I'm not at home, I have the free app on my iPhone that send me in-game notifications.

6. big samm thread starter macrumors 65816

I paid 119.99$ +tax from the iPad and it gives me access to both the broadband and streaming on the iPad.... I guess people with iPads are special for the NHL since the subscription on the website is 169,99 Can dollars....
    I just saved 50$ for being a iPad owner... :D
    Yes I saw the gamecenter live for the ps3 not bad at all.... They did a wonderful job...

7. Lara F macrumors 6502a

Would the $119 in app purchase give me a sub with access elsewhere (PS3, Roku)? Just want to verify it's not iPad only.

And are there direct feeds from Canadian TV? My parents have a Slingbox but the quality sucks for sports like hockey...

8. big samm thread starter macrumors 65816

I don't have a roku or a ps3 so I can't tell you... You should check the f.a.q. of the gamecenter live... I checked there and saw that the in app purchase would give me access to both the broadband streaming and iPad... So I went for it..