Nice bluetooth mouse

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Holmes89, May 21, 2008.

1. Holmes89 macrumors regular

Holmes89

I know this is kind of beating a dead horse but I'm still looking for a mouse for my future macbook and I was planning on purchasing a Realtek mouse but when I was in the Applestore yesterday I saw this one and wondered what you guys thought. Is it worth the money, I already like how thin it is which would make it nice to transport.

2. mithrilfox macrumors regular

mithrilfox

It doesn't look good at all. You need a large trackball to make it work effectively as a trackball mouse; this mouse's ball is extremely tiny.

Perverted jokes aside, the bigger the ball, the better for your wrists.

One option you should consider is this:

The Ball

Too bad it isn't in production anymore. Check eBay if you want, but I didn't like mine and sold it (I bought it from the manufacturer a long time back).

BTW, wireless trackballs are less of an issue because a trackball mouse is generally stationary, so it doesn't make as much sense to worry about it. I know the feeling of wanting to ditch the cord, though. I just love not having to pair the device and fiddle with Bluetooth everytime it acts up, plus not having a stupid-looking USB antenna dongle sticking out of my computer.