Nice feature! Double click

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by john0011, Jun 2, 2015.

1. john0011 macrumors member

so one issue I've had with the watch is you have to choose whether the clock face, or your last opened app shows when you raise your wrist.

This is painfully annoying when listening to music and want to skip a song. If watch face is selected, you have to push the crown, find the tinny app, and that's saying something if you're walking.

I just found out that by double clicking the crown, it take you to the last app you had open!

Sorry if this is old news.

2. Andrew.s macrumors regular

Andrew.s

Still waiting on my watch so I didn't know this. Thanks!

3. L-Tuned macrumors regular

It's in the "All the Little Things!" thread. The very first item under I. Watch Feature

Enjoy your watch :)

4. ifarlow macrumors regular

ifarlow

Does the Now Playing glance not work for you?

Attached Files:

5. KojiH macrumors 6502

6. bucksaddle macrumors 6502

Or even in the manual!

7. John6Plus macrumors 6502

John6Plus

I find the glances to be less useful than I had originally thought they would be, to be honest. I find that if I plan on controlling my music with my watch that I'd rather have it be in the app when I raise my wrist, rather than have to swipe up to a glance. I mostly use glances as shortcuts for getting into the apps. Plus finding glances get annoying when you have more than 5 or 6, IMHO. If I swipe fast it usually flies by the one I want, so I keep the number of glances to a minimum. I now have 8 enabled, with two I barely use on the end.

Once I turned on "return to previous" on wrist raise I was surprised how often I used it. The apps I frequently keep on for wrist raises are the music app, workout, MLB, and Weather Underground if there's rain coming. They all show the time in the corner, so I can even check the time :)