Nice guide(s) for moving to a Mac from Windows

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Azzin, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Azzin macrumors 601

Azzin

Hi all,

My Wife is currently awaiting the delivery of a new MBP.

It's her 1st Mac and she's looking for some light reading info that would help her make the switch.

She's fairly computer literate, but I obviously want (need!) to make this transition as smooth as possible! :D

I've started putting together a document with some links to useful info, such as Apple's own "Switching from Windows" webpage, but I'm after some others to add that would just make light and easy reading, but also help her before the machine actually arrives.

I should add that she's iOS literate. She's had iPhones (has a 6 currently) and has been using her iPad Mini for 2 years.

Thanks. :)

2. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Didn't check how up to date these videos are, but these

http://www.apple.com/support/macbasics/pctomac/

----------

This is for Mountain Lion, but it's better than nothing.

Also, the migration picture for a PC in the utility is a BSOD screen. Lol

[​IMG]

3. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

I found David Pogue's "Switching to the Mac" to be a great resource. Provides a Rosetta Stone type translation between the Mac and Windows way of doing things.

4. Freyqq macrumors 601

There's nothing quite like using the hardware itself. To the average end user, there are far more similarities than differences between OSX and windows. The major differences are under the hood. I'm sure she'll get the hang of it pretty quickly.

Probably the one big difference worth mentioning is the installing and removing of software. There is no add/remove software feature, and instead the program is self-contained in the applications folder.