Nice....I'm not really paying $30 for unlimited data....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KidStallyn, Jun 15, 2010.

1. KidStallyn macrumors 6502

KidStallyn

Data Plan
    Data Plan for iPhone
    $30.00
    Service Discount
    -$6.60
    Features

That's a total of 23.40 for unlimited data because of my FAN discount! SWEET!

2. NikeTalk macrumors 6502a

3. homerjfry macrumors regular

homerjfry

Lucky you. I posted this in anotehr thread but didn't get a response. If you or anyone can help with this, to see if I screwed up I'd appreciate it:

I was having major problems confirming whether I was eligible for the grandfathered unlimited data. I went through the AT&t site and purchased the Iphone 4 and said "screw it" when it forced me to choose a limited data plan. I chose the 2gig plan and went along with the signing up.

I then was able to sign up for "data unlimited" as an add-on to my 2gig data plan for $15 (in the same area where I had to choose unlimited texting). Was anyone else able to do this? Is it something where i'm required to have both or can I get rid of the 2gig plan and keep the unlimited data? Is this a glitch in the matrix?

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Hate to burst your bubble but I get 50% off ;)

5. KidStallyn thread starter macrumors 6502

KidStallyn

I'm thinking you didn't scroll down far enough. I almost did the same thing, but noticed the first two were enterprise data plans.....embedded in there, was my $30 unlimited plan, It was highlighted yellow, and had a blue button that said keep existing data plan.

6. ClemTiger0408 macrumors 6502

7. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Sounds like you screwed the pooch. Your confirmation e-mail should have the details.

You may need to call CS and beg someone to put your unlimited data plan back on.

8. lazer310 macrumors member

When I pre ordered today, my unlimited data plan said it was $40! Whats up with that?! I figured I would argue it later, since I was just happy to be able to actually order the phone.

9. homerjfry macrumors regular

homerjfry

Man I searched and searched for that thing and couldn't find it. My unlimited data was an add-on ala the unlimited text message add-on. I think I'll just wait until I get my phone and then raise a stink at AT&T if they try to pull anything on me.

Seems strange that this was the option given to me and not just keep my unlimited data plan as it was before. I guess they're gonna get an extra $10/month out of me if this can't be rectified.

10. Dcuellar macrumors regular

What is this FAN thing people keep talking about? Excuse my ignorance.

11. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

I ended up going with the unlimited and getting my 28% FAN discount. I'll go with it for a few months, check my data usage, and switch to the 2gig plan, if I dont need more usage. Im only using 400 mb per month now so......

Just want to run with the new phone for a few months and see what kind of surprise usages may pop up (they dropped the unlimited for SOME reason).
    Just want to be sure.

Well see.

12. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

This.

Attached Files:

• fan.jpg
      fan.jpg
      File size:
      3.5 KB
      Views:
  13. Dfndr90 macrumors regular

Dfndr90

Same here. I wonder if that is the highest FAN out there.

14. homerjfry macrumors regular

homerjfry

A business discount

15. Knarl macrumors member

Speaking of FAN discounts, does anyone know if the $15 and/or $25 per month data plans will be eligible for a FAN discount? I've heard that only items on your bill that are $30+ are eligible.

16. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

Interesting. Why not stick with the 30.00 plan and the discount if its less than the $25.00 limited plan.

No brainer.

Id like to know as well.

17. Knarl macrumors member

Because I don't have the unlimited $30 plan. :-( iPhone 4 will be my first iPhone, that is if ATT's site will ever let me preorder it.

18. hapablap macrumors newbie

I just tried adding another line on my att.com account page. I only get my FAN discount (25%) on the $25 data plan (2gb) not the 200 mb data plan. So, I end up saving about $45 a year. Not sure if I'll switch to cheaper data plan just yet.

19. hapablap macrumors newbie

Btw, which company gives 28% FAN discount?? :eek:

I have HP discount which dropped this year to 25% from 27% last year. Not huge drop, but every bit helps.

20. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

"Your mom gets 50% off."

"What does that mean"

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative."
    :p

21. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

Sorry, didnt realize....:(

Yea, Im gonna' give it a few months too.

22. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Coca-Cola Enterprises IIRC.

23. Sykotic macrumors member

Yes, it applied the discount to mine when I switched them to the 200 mb data plans.