Nice Lightning/USB Cable from Amazon

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by hakr100, Jan 15, 2013.

1. hakr100, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013

hakr100 macrumors 6502a

I ordered one of these cables, and I am well-pleased. The cable itself is a little thicker than the one on the official Apple cable, and the grip portion of the business ends are a bit larger than the ones on the Apple cable. The cable seems more robust. Lightning end fits easily into my iPhone 5 in its Otterbox Defender case. It's an "official" Amazon product, whatever that means.

Here is the URL:

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-...id=1358263876&sr=8-2&keywords=lightning+cable

Attached Files:

2. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

It doesn't look that bad, actually. The lightning end looks just like an OEM cable, unlike most of the knockoffs that I've seen.

3. LaymansDomain macrumors member

4. pat park macrumors 6502a

How's the for of the Lightning connector? Is it tight? Most of the non Apple cables I tried, the connector was super tight going into the phone.
    made me nervous.

5. hakr100 thread starter macrumors 6502a

The "fit" into my iPhone 5 is exactly the same as the fit with the "official" Apple cable. I like the fact that the cable itself is a bit thicker than on the Apple-branded product and the plugs, the part you grip, are a little more robust.

6. scott.n macrumors 6502

The pictures show the MFi ("Made for...") symbols. These cables are evidently licensed by Apple. Interesting.

7. Jizzles macrumors regular

I like that its black and longer than apple's cable. Not bad for being $5 less than oem and apple approved.

8. sdilley14 macrumors 65816

9. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

If this case fits the Belkin Grip Candy Sheer, I'm down. It's only 4 mm wider than the OEM cable, so it'll probably be a very tight fit if it does fit in the opening.

10. mscann macrumors member

The tip of the lightning cable still might be a little too wide for everyday cases. Is Apples techology really that much more advanced than everyone elses? I mean the Griffin and Belkin lighting tips are huge compared to the Apple one. Just give me a black cable identical to the Apple one and I will be happy. Also a longer option too, maybe 5' or 6'.

I just don't understand why Apple won't make black cables or longer ones.

11. Duffinator macrumors 6502

Duffinator

12. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

the amazon basics cables are just as good as others usually, and are amazon branded products. i would trust one of them over any asian knockoff any day of the week.