Nice New Case for Macbook Pro 13"

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Neemo, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Neemo macrumors newbie

This is what I am looking for, a nice new case for my macbook pro 13" (mid-2009 model). I just want something that will protect it decently and not be too bulky, I would like water-resistance (no rain gets in), and I don't need to carry too much.

I have tried searching MRoogle, and Google, MRoogle stuff just seems out of date, and alot of links are broken. Using google, I've come up with some choices:

The Waterfield SleeveCase: sfbags,com
    Incase Nylon Plus: goincase.com
    Speck TuckPack: speckproducts.com
    Brethaven Edge I: brenthaven.com

So what does everyone else use? Oh, I don't want just a sleeve, I want to be able to carry it with a handle or shoulder strap when necessary too. I keep hearing pros and cons to everything, and I want the best protection I can for the small size of a case I want.

Thanks

EDIT: Oh, yeah, the cheaper the better, anything over $100 is out of the question for me

2. davidinva macrumors 6502a

Case for 13" MacBook

Targus makes several models, lightweight and sturdy, with one or more extra pockets. Check at Office Depot, Staples, Target, WalMart, etc. I bought a Targus at the local Office Depot when they were going out of business - $39.95 down to $21.95, but $39.95 was retail. Still not a bad price. I can't find the model number of my case or I would give it. It has two compartments, and a front pocket. I have a 13" MacBook, April 2008, edition, and carry the AC adapter, a mouse, USB hub, and portable HD with me.

David

3. Neemo thread starter macrumors newbie

I do kind of like the Targus Vertical Messenger

http://www.targus.com/us/product_details.asp?sku=TSM043US Link is in case anyone else is interested as well

Some of the other targus bags look kind of bulky for my taste right now, I will definitely keep the one I linked to as an option though, thanks.

4. 3N16MA macrumors 65816

3N16MA

5. laughter95 macrumors newbie

i got a new mbp yesterday. just bought the INCASE sleeve. it's 3.49 + shipping (was about 10 bucks). on techforless.com. search slickdeals or fatwallet for more details.

6. Neemo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestions, but I am looking for something with at least a handle.

7. hellfire88 macrumors 6502

I have the Incase Nylon Sleeve plus (with the handles and shoulder strap) and its pretty nice, slim, and light. Has 2 front pockets (older version covers these with velcro cover, newer version uses zipper). Only concern is the padding/protection isn't as robust as some more bigger/thicker cases but if you're careful its a very light and thin case yet has 3 pockets to hold other stuff in (2 in front and one bigger "magazine" pocket in back). I think its on sale for $50.99 from Bestbuy.com

8. NXTMIKE macrumors 6502

I currently have the Black Neoprene Incase sleeve for my 13" MacBook, but if you're looking for a case that's sort of water resistant, then take a look at the Incase Hardshell Case. I, myself am highly considering purchasing it to use with my sleeve.

http://goincase.com/macbook/hardshell/

Cheers. :):apple:

9. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

The Waterfield laptop sleeves get my vote - I've had three of them and they can't be faulted. Plus you can add a shoulder strap and flap.

10. Neemo thread starter macrumors newbie

The hard case for the 13" isn't available yet, i have looked into hard cases though.

And I do like the waterfield sleevecase alot, but it can get expensive, if i had like a 20% coupon or something, i think id go for it without a doubt. But first off, I couldn't find a spot for coupon codes on their website, and I couldn't find any to use.

11. Starbuckpga macrumors regular

According to the Incase Store website, isn't this available as of now? Pretty sure I saw the Macbook Pro 13" cases available today when I was looking at work. I think the only color that isn't available is the smoked color.

12. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

13. JPS macrumors regular

14. Neemo thread starter macrumors newbie

For me it says "coming soon" under the 13" MacBook Pro for all colors, unless im doing something wrong lol

EDIT: Oh wow, you're absolutely right. Ignore me lol i was going off of this: http://goincase.com/macbook/hardshell/ thats misleading, they can be found here:

http://goincase.com/products/detail/hardshell-case-cl57368-r

just change the color. Thanks Starbuckpga for making me look harder lol :)

Though the funny thing is, I prefer the black/smoked...