nice preview tool

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by eclipse, Nov 30, 2008.

1. eclipse macrumors 6502a

eclipse

hi all,
    this is a nice preview tool for checking fonts previewing etc in CSS if people don't have high degree of confidence coding CSS or an application.

http://www.typetester.org/

Free online CSS generation for testing the appearance of your type

(Edit: Sorry, I meant this to go in Web design!)

2. rickyparkar macrumors newbie

Re: nice preview tool

Hi eclipse,
    Thanks,I am just joined the software company and they give me the project for modification. I have only few information on css so i think it's very helpful for me.

3. eclipse thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse

Do you use iTunes? IF you are a beginner with CSS there's a nice introductory guide podcast called "The art of code". It's a free video podcast, and you can see it in the iTunes store.

There's also "CSS tips and tricks" and "CSS-tricks" to download and watch as well, all free.

Then, if you're like me a TOTAL beginner who HATES reading code manuals, you'll end up paying $250 USA for a year at Lynda.com. :rolleyes: Oh well, I can't be bothered reading manuals and trying to understand what they are talking about, and I prefer the vibe of an "expert sitting by my side showing me the software" so I just watch the movies and slowly soak it in.
    One CSS thing here.

http://movielibrary.lynda.com/html/modPage.asp?ID=386

4. rickyparkar macrumors newbie

Re:

HI,
    The links which you give contains all the information on css. Actually i don't use it that's why i am asking you. Thanks once again.

5. eclipse thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse

Lynda has tutorials on everything, but CSS is one area where they have about 3 or 4 courses. I note that just a few days ago they loaded up a new course on modifying Joomla templates, which is a brand-spanking new course!

And it's great because they say "Before doing this course on editing Joomla templates you'll need to know XHTML, CSS and Joomla Essentials (basics) from our other training packages."

So you know what you need to work through to get to a given goal.

Anyway, try the iTunes shows I suggested if $250 USA seems expensive, but for my money, when comparing to a University, I'm sold! I think I'll be paying for Lynda for years to come... it is just a
    "cost of doing business".

6. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

Typetester seems pretty cool. I may point some of my friends towards it too :)

Cheers for the info eclipse ;)

7. rickyparkar macrumors newbie

Re:

Hi,
    Thanks once again for your help,but now i am just staring job so i can't buying it.When i start my own business then definately bought it.

8. eclipse thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse

That's fine then. Stick with stuff you can download for free from iTunes such as:-
    Mustardseed media, The Art of Code (which is brilliant), CSS tips and tricks, CSS tricks screencast, and occasionally search the iTunes store for other CSS or XHTML podcasts and see what comes up for free.