Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
Any recommendations for some speakers and a sub?

Nothing too expensive, I'm not an audiophile, I'm just fed up with the flat sound my laptop produces playing music.

fretdevil

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
San Diego
Any recommendations for some speakers and a sub?

Nothing too expensive, I'm not an audiophile, I'm just fed up with the flat sound my laptop produces playing music.

Bose Companion 2 is what I use for portable speakers and listening to tunes from my MBA.
No sub! Good quality sound. Decent bass response.

Buy @ Bose for 89+ until the 31st.

Cheers!

toxic

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2008
as far as computer speakers ago, I think Klipsch ProMedia 2.1's are the only ones worth buying, if you have the money.

slipper

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2003
Bose Companion 2 is what I use for portable speakers and listening to tunes from my MBA.

Cheers!

No highs, no lows... it gotta be Bose. Stay away!

I would suggest the Klipsch Pro Media 2.1s if your looking for computer speakers.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
No highs, no lows... it gotta be Bose. Stay away!

I would suggest the Klipsch Pro Media 2.1s if your looking for computer speakers.
Another for the Klipsch. Great sound/quality build for a good price. If they're over your budget Logitech actually makes pretty good ones for a cheap price.

As far as Bose goes, just read my sig.

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland

Cheers!

Ahh I know absolutely nothing about speakers and things, I always thought you needed a sub for bass? Or am I sorely mistaken?

Zortrium

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2003
In general, bass response will be much better from a system with a sub than from one without.

Another vote for the Klipsch here.

MonkeyET

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2009
Indio, CA

Cheers!

I have to second this recommendation. I am a little particular about audio, and BOSE was never on my list. Once I got my iMac I needed something to make my music sound bearable, but I wasn't willing to spend more than $100. These speakers actually sound pretty good considering they are computer speakers, and they don't have a sub. Plus they are small, sturdy, and look great beside the iMac!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.