Nice setup

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by deany, Oct 17, 2016.

1. deany macrumors 68030

deany

2. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

3. deany thread starter macrumors 68030

deany

4. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

Stand looks like the one they sell on the apple store.

5. 537635 macrumors 6502

6. deany thread starter macrumors 68030

deany

Hi

Okay thanks can I ask

are you happy with your stands, I guess you are if you have two!

what cable have you connecting to your display for best results?

what setting on your macbook pro so it works with lid closed?

It looks like a "Samsung iMac" in the photo is it really that good a user experience? Assuming a good quality monitor as it looks like that Samsung is.

thanks in advance

7. 537635 macrumors 6502

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/review-mstand-v-s-hirise-for-macbook.1498128/

It's a classic. Years old and in my opinion still the best. It will support all the laptops until there are laptops. I used to have one for the Macbook and one for the iPad. Since I've had the iPhone Plus, iPad has retired and I can enjoy mStand at work.

I use the Apple's bluetooth Keyboard and Trackpad and the aged Thunderbolt display. With this configuration, no settings, it just works, so user experience is perfect. Connecting the display wakes up the Macbook from sleep and it takes about 5 seconds for everything to connect (keyboard, trackpad) and screen resolution to adapt.

If you do a cold boot, and you used other bluetooth keyboard in between, then you have to type the password on the Macbook as the keyboard won't pair until you've login.

I use a Dell monitor at work, which is sometimes hit or miss. It connects via HDMI (same as in your picture if I can see correctly) and it doesn't always wake up the laptop. Sometimes in does, but monitor goes to sleep a few seconds later as if Macbook stops sending video signal. If you use your Macbook with the lid open, everything works perfectly. So I would suggest getting a monitor, where you have an option of returning it if doesn't work as you wish. I suppose conneting via Thunderbolt would be easier.

I would suggest getting a used Thunderbolt display but I checked the prices on eBay and it's just outrageous. Especially when you think that Apple is most probably making all future Macbooks incompatible (there is no USB-C to Thunderbolt cable or adapter).

Hope I clarified some stuff for you.

8. deany thread starter macrumors 68030

deany

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write your helpful post.
    Really appreciate it.

9. 537635 macrumors 6502

Anytime. That's what Macrumors is for ;-).