Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikey12784

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2005
hey guys, im new to the forums, and to the mac world. i actually just bought the 1.33Ghz ibook, which i want to sell, as i was offered an older one at a lower price, and i didn't want to pay as much as i did. SO, if you see me in the marketplace, you know where to get a brand new ibook cheap! :)

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
mikey12784 said:
hey guys, im new to the forums, and to the mac world. i actually just bought the 1.33Ghz ibook, which i want to sell, as i was offered an older one at a lower price, and i didn't want to pay as much as i did. SO, if you see me in the marketplace, you know where to get a brand new ibook cheap! :)

You have a few posts to go before you can put it up in the marketplace, but if you like the forums as much as other people (self included) do, you'll get there REAL quickly. :)

Enjoy MR and the rest of Macworldia!

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
mikey12784 said:
Welcome! FYI, you'll need 100 posts to sell in the marketplace... so you'll need to hold onto that iBook for just a little while (or, of course, sell it elsewhere!).

mikey12784

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2005
well i may have just sold it, so that would be good, id still have an 12.1 inch ibook, its just older, so i may still have some questions, im a long time PC user, and still PC as main, but i use this for notetaking ect. and for that, the 6 hour battery life is amazing! :). i like how small it is also. ill be back! :)

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
mikey12784 said:
well i may have just sold it, so that would be good, id still have an 12.1 inch ibook, its just older, so i may still have some questions, im a long time PC user, and still PC as main, but i use this for notetaking ect. and for that, the 6 hour battery life is amazing! :). i like how small it is also. ill be back! :)

Coming from a former G3 iBook owner, I have to agree whole heartedly.
6 hours of battery from a computer I got from a pawn shop?
YEA. BOOYA!!!

if you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask! :)

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
macEfan said:
Welcome!

btw U R lucky to get the 6 hours. I only get 4 hours, 15 min :(

Have you tried dimming the screen, and turning off BT and Airport?

Calibrate it (run it until it goes to sleep) and charge it up to 100% about once a month, too.

Hope this gets ya more battery life!

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
katie ta achoo said:
Have you tried dimming the screen, and turning off BT and Airport?

Calibrate it (run it until it goes to sleep) and charge it up to 100% about once a month, too.

Hope this gets ya more battery life!

will do that. Yeah, the brightness was at about 60%, but i didn't turn of airport yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.