Nice webcam for Mac Pro. Questions Welcome.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by UNO, Mar 12, 2008.

1. UNO macrumors newbie

Just received "Agent3" webcam. Looks similar to iSight. Seems to have better quality. Plugged in and it works OTB with ichat, skype and photobooth.

Packaging is perfect - there's a mic, 3 different stands, small bag and disk with software.

I found it on this site - http://agent.liquiddigital.com.au/, but ordered via eBay. (AU$90+AU$14 delivery). Arrived in 2 days after purchase.

So, I am happy to have a good looking cam, working just fine with my mac and I'm ready to answer your questions.

I know many people are looking for a mac webcam, since isight priced a sky-high on ebay.

2. peejack macrumors 6502a

Congrats im looking for something other than the isight for my mac pro.

I have so far tried a crative labs and logitech communicate stx plus and no luck :(

I have heard the logitech pro 9000 works with everything can anyone confirm?

Thanks

3. MaciPilot macrumors newbie

Conversion to US$

Thank you for the post. I've been waiting for a review. Could you write up a detailed review after you've used all the features? I'm thinking of getting one myself for an iMac G5 (pre-built-in iSight). I see you paid AU$104. I did a March 12 conversion and it came out to US$97.71. That's a better price than the US$140.00 listed on the liquiddigital website. Did you Buy it Now, or do an auction? Where is the webcam manufactured? Thanks in advance for all your answers.

4. UNO thread starter macrumors newbie

The cam is made in china. I bought it through an auction - they start them from $89 and there's generally no bidders, so yeah - easy way to save $40.

I'll post more details when I use it more.

Any recommendations on which software/place is the best to test and get more info about real resolutions, etc? To me it just looks like a good/sharp video, MUCH better than MBP's isight.

5. MacFanBoyIIe macrumors 6502

6. dougdc3 macrumors newbie

any more details on the aGent v3?

looking for the most "mac-compatible" webcam...

7. dmarch macrumors regular

dmarch

8. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

I'm using Logitech's Quickcam Orbit AF, which works great on my Mac Pro.

The only thing that doesn't work under OS X is the automatic face tracking feature, which I don't care about anyway.

9. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

the cam looks exactly like the apple isight other than the chrome finish. Not bad, i'll be interested in your thoughts on how well it works.

10. johny5 macrumors 6502a

johny5

The Xbox 360 camera works great on a mac, good price too.