Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wilfried

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
I have an aluminum iMac running Leopard that few problems (and one that might require a repair, but that's another thread). None of them are show-stopping, but kind of annoying.

1. The Disk eject key on the keyboard stopped working; pressing it does nothing. I can still eject by dragging to trash or right clicking, so it's not crucial, but it bothers me.

2. After I put the iMac to sleep, hitting keys on the keyboard won't wake it up. I have to push the power button on the back.

3. This is probably the biggest problem. My machine won't go to sleep automatically after a period of inactivity. I have the Power settings set to put it to sleep after 15 min, but nothing happens. The screen sleeps, but the computer doesn't. I've already checked in About My Mac for background processes, and I don't think there are any that might cause this (although it's possible I don't know what to look for).

Has anyone else encountered these problems, or have a solution? I've done some searching, but haven't found any answers, so any tips, or a point in the right direction, would be appreciated.

viraffe

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2008
I've also had the same problem with ejecting. I can't recall after exactly which update this began occuring, but it must be associated with an OS update-- the eject button and eject icon in the sidebar WORKED when I first got this iMac.

The inconvenient workaround is ejecting a disk (flash drive, CD, Disk image) using Disk Utility.

Still haven't figured out how to remedy this... I've been looking for a patch or somesuch online. Any luck, anyone? Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.