Night Shift's glaring omission

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by nStyle, Mar 22, 2016.

1. nStyle macrumors 6502a

No sunset/sunrise sync with your current area? I mean WTF Apple? Flux had it right the first time...

Still grateful for a native option, but come on - 9 years late and it doesn't even have the functionality that it should. Guess that's what iOS 20 is for :rolleyes:

2. Yun0 Suspended

Yun0

um yes it does..the default times used for scheduled toggle are fine for most. with auto timezone turned on = auto on/off according to current area..

3. nStyle thread starter macrumors 6502a

Say what? It only gives me the option to check "scheduled", then I have to input the "from" and "till". Are you saying it will auto shift without that checked?

4. Nolander07 macrumors 6502a

You need to have location turned on in privacy>location>system to have the option for auto nightshift in relation to sunrise/sunset times.

5. nStyle thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok you're right - except mine never said from "Sunset" to "Sunrise"...mine was just off by default and I had to press "Schedule" to get it on. No idea how to make the Sunset to Sunrise appear.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 22, 2016 ---
    That'll do it! Thanks! I think I was messing with it before to conserve battery.

6. ericgedi77 macrumors member

Tap from and to, takes you to another screen to select sunset to sunrise.

7. dwfaust, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  8. nStyle thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok...so it's set to "Scheduled" and from "Sunset" to "Sunrise" but it's an hour after sunset and it's pitch black outside and the color temperature hasn't changed a bit...any ideas?

9. I7guy macrumors G5

Low power mode? Mines been working fine since the beta? Did you turn off location services to all system services? Do you have setting time zone on?

10. nStyle thread starter macrumors 6502a

No low power mode. I'll just check "Manually Enable Until Tomorrow" and hopefully it turns on tomorrow night. I would think it would have been a bit more intuitive - once you enabled "Scheduled" it should turn on if it's within the parameters, but it doesn't. Well, it does if you uncheck "Scheduled" and then check because it checks "Manually Enable Until Tomorrow" automatically - but again, that's not very intuitive.

I'm assuming the "Shift" is all or nothing - no "sliding" into the warm temperature like Flux does? Not a big deal I don't guess.

11. I7guy macrumors G5

It's not an abrupt transition, it takes a few seconds, like a verrrry sllloooowww animation.

12. nStyle thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok, thanks :)

13. C DM macrumors Westmere

It takes about a minute or two.

14. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Edit: already been stated before my response.

15. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

F.lux is warmer too so what you see may not be as warm as you expected if you left the setting default.