Night Stand mode not working?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by se99jmk, Aug 12, 2017.

1. se99jmk macrumors member

WatchOS 4 - I used to use Nightstand every night, but since betas it doesn’t seem to come on at all...

Watch on charge
    Digital Crown on top
    Siri face (if that makes a difference)

I was hoping a newer beta would sort it out but not so far...

Anyone else had this issue? Tips to fix it?

2. robots3humans0 macrumors 6502

May be a stupid question but have you tried toggling it in the settings? Same issue was happening to me last night with the latest beta but toggling it off and then on and then placing on that charger got it working properly.

3. se99jmk thread starter macrumors member

Not a stupid question when it comes to the betas! Have tried turning on and off “bedside mode” on both watch directly, and Watch app, no luck..

4. bucksaddle macrumors 6502

With the watch on the stand tilt the whole unit forward slightly and it should kick in. Not sure what angle the watch has to be at for Night Stand to work but is definitely (currently) different in the betas compared to watchOS 3.
    Edit: FYI I’m using the Nomad watch stand

5. se99jmk thread starter macrumors member

Ah!! I’m using the Nomad too.. it’s at a fixed angle though I think? I’ll have to experiment with manual tipping..

6. bucksaddle macrumors 6502

Yep, it’s at a fixed angle but once you tilt you can put it back to its normal position and Night Stand will stay activated

7. se99jmk thread starter macrumors member

Worked! Thanks for that advice - it’s a solution, but hopefully they fix the angle in the next few betas..