Nights!

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Ja Di ksw, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Nights comes out for the Wii tomorrow. I'm really tempted to ask for this for xmas, but I haven't seen any reviews yet. Is anyone getting this game when it comes out? If so please post a review.

2. Artofilm macrumors 6502a

Artofilm

It recieved a pretty low score (for such an amazing original game).
    But its not like I'm surprised that it got lower than a 7.0 from www.ign.com. Sonic Team seems to be making some pretty poor games lately, they jsut arent up to par.

I was really really excited for Nights too, but then I was like..oh...it's made by sonic team...

It's not like it's a horrible game, but its not fantastic either, just like the sonic games that are out now. But either way, it's nothing close to the quality of the original Nights.

(BTW this is me pretty much summarizing IGN's review, I haven never played the game)

3. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Looks like they rushed it out to meet xmas deadlines. Pretty common, sadly. Hopefully next years game will be better (if there is a followup).

I would love to play Christmas Nights right now.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Just hearing Nights makes me want to go find my Saturn and play Nights: Into Dreams... in fact, I might just grab it over the holidays (it's at my parents' house) and play Nights and House of the Dead II. :D

5. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

I love NiGHTS. Possibly my favourite game of all time. I'll be playing Christmas NiGHTS again this year... must be about 10 years now I have done that...

Me too! Next week!

6. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Xeem

7.5 on Gamespot.com. I never owned a Saturn, but I always wanted to play the original. It always seemed so magical and imaginative when it was first came out. Now, years later, the sequel finally comes out, and I don't have a Wii... too bad they didn't release a NiGHTS game on Dreamcast.

7. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

IGN gave the lowest scores I've seen though. GameSpot gave in the mid-7s, Nintendo Power gave 9 (Nintendo Power is usually really easy on games, though they never give out tens), EGM gave out 7 (EGM is notoriously hard on games)...

Scores are all over the place, but IGN gave it the lowest score. GameRankings averages it at around 7.5 average.

8. Ja Di ksw thread starter macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

That's disappointing. I never got to play the original, and I was really looking forward to this one. Guess I'll take it off the xmas list.

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I got my Saturn used at the end of the era for maybe $35. I scored a $30 used copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga (with box and manuals!), but I had no luck getting a copy of Christmas NiGHTS. Sad... I should look around. I even have the cartridge that lets me play foreign games and so on (for Radiant Silvergun... speaking of OMG Saturn games).

10. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

Wanna trade Christmas NiGHTS for Panzer Dragoon Saga? ;)

11. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

As long as you package a Wii along with it! ;)

12. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Scores ranging from about 6-9 (9 from Nintendo Power of coarse ;)). Might be good... probably great for any Nights fan.

13. Ja Di ksw thread starter macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Guessing no one has picked this up?

(also just noticed that it's in the Apple Games instead of Console Games. Don't suppose anyone knows how to fix this?)

14. JSchwage macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

This is one game I really would have liked to play if SEGA hadn't made it suck so much. Sonic Team can't create a single good game these days. I'm still playing my Genesis and Dreamcast. Sonic Adventure 2 was definitely one of Sonic Team's last "great" games as well as Phantasy Star Online, both on the Dreamcast. Phantasy Star Universe sucks unfortunately.

15. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Sonic Team created Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg which was an excellent and underrated game.

16. pcypert macrumors 6502

I've had it for about a week now. Nothing great...but nothing that bad really. It wasn't enough to pull me from Galaxy and Zack and Wiki currently. I'll probably finish Umbrella Chronicles too before diving in again. Lots of good games at the moment.

Paul

17. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

I just saw a commercial for it on tv. The graphics look GREAT and it seems like a very fun game.