Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
Nightstand Central is better on my eyes at night and the snooze/Off Alarm buttons are easy to see/touch when getting up.

Nightstand Central seems to have more features that I like. Custom backgrounds are also very nice. I guess I think Nightstand Central is more polished in it's current version.

I just wish it was a Universal App b/c paying twice sucks even though it's a small Fee.

csnplt

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2008
Chicago Area
I prefer Nightstand Central, especially since I'm the developer:) Alarm Clock Pro is nice for what it is, though.

Nightstand Central has more features that you may or not find useful, like a sleep timer, better looks (IMHO), and photo backgrounds. Try the free versions of both and see which one you like more, I guess.

I just wish it was a Universal App b/c paying twice sucks even though it's a small Fee.

I know what you mean. Believe me, I wish that I could let you have both versions for one price, but there are just too many disadvantages to the Universal app approach from my perspective as a developer (rankings are counted depending on which device the app is bought from, new releases don't gain as much publicity, file size must be larger to accommodate resources for both versions, etc.). Alarm Clock Pro is not a universal app either, probably for many of the same reasons.

Menzo

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2010
I have both though only got Nightstand recently. I find the UI and interface much slicker and easy on the eyes to use. I also like the Air Siren sound effect lol. I do believe however, that it uses a fair bit of battery.

LouieSamman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
Orlando, Florida
Ah nice to see the developer of the Nightstand Central post and you have some good points too.

I already bought Alarm Clock Pro and Nightstand Central because of the fact that I couldn't decide.

I have to say Nightstand has more options and is visually appealing.

I just looked at the amount of ratings over the Alarm Clock Pro and it had me thinking it was probably better but from using both apps I find Nightstand Central much better.

I remember seeing a post from you asking for ideas of what photo to use for your icon for Nightstand Central and the lite.

I'm glad to see you using mac rumors for feedback before making changes to the app. Actually that what got me to purchase your app because of the fact that you seem to care what people think before doing something. So I knew it is going to be a good alarm app.

I will stick with Nightstand Central.

csnplt

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2008
Chicago Area
Ah nice to see the developer of the Nightstand Central post and you have some good points too.

I already bought Alarm Clock Pro and Nightstand Central because of the fact that I couldn't decide.

I have to say Nightstand has more options and is visually appealing.

I just looked at the amount of ratings over the Alarm Clock Pro and it had me thinking it was probably better but from using both apps I find Nightstand Central much better.

I remember seeing a post from you asking for ideas of what photo to use for your icon for Nightstand Central and the lite.

I'm glad to see you using mac rumors for feedback before making changes to the app. Actually that what got me to purchase your app because of the fact that you seem to care what people think before doing something. So I knew it is going to be a good alarm app.

I will stick with Nightstand Central.

Thanks a lot! Let me know if you need anything / have suggestions (there's an email link in the app).

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I recently bought Nightstand for both the iPhone and the iPad
It is great for all the traveling I do
My room in London didn't have a clock at all!
But I used Nightstand and loved it

Kudos for the look of the app
I have All-In-One Weather HD too, but I hate the look of the clock

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.