Nightstand Green...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by sam.mcneill, Nov 11, 2015.

1. sam.mcneill macrumors newbie

Anyone else annoyed that the green used for the nightstand mode watch face is not available as a colour selection on the actual faces?

It looks really nice against my space gray.

2. Theophil1971 macrumors 6502

Theophil1971

Ya, it's not a big deal, but I'd prefer red, personally.

3. telefono macrumors 6502

telefono

Same here prefer red but not too bothered with the green since I only see it once when I take it off the stand

4. jasie02 macrumors 6502a

jasie02

Love green at night. Human eyes are more sensitive to middle of light spectrum, around 520nm, which is green. It help eyes then brain quickly registered content shown in the dark.

5. bobob macrumors 68030

bobob

That's great if you're working the graveyard shift at NORAD, but for just a sleepy glance at the current time at night, nothing beats red for non-disruptive information scanning.

6. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

However green (and all higher frequencies) lower melatonin levels and are more disruptive of sleep patterns. Lower frequency red is much less disruptive and allows you to get back to sleep quicker.

7. jasie02 macrumors 6502a

jasie02

I think it could depend on individual person.
    I could wake up in the middle of night several times to check time or goto restroom, but still fall into sleep like a pig in seconds, as long as my room is totally dark.
    If I want to see something in the dark, like tap my night table to check on AW time, I want to ensure I see it clear at that moment.
    Personally I am not worry about fall back to sleep as soon as AW goes darks.

8. jasie02 macrumors 6502a

jasie02

No problem for me to fall back to sleep like pig in seconds, as long as room is dark. I guess I am lucky one.