Nike and Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by tl01, Sep 8, 2016.

1. tl01, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016

tl01 macrumors 68020

I assume the watch app will be available for all Series 2 watches? I really want to order a rose gold case but really want the Nike plus component. Also, do we think the bands will be available to order separately later?
    Thanks!

2. gigaguy macrumors 65816

Not sure what you many about the rose gold?, but the Nike bands will not be offered separately, it's a branded package deal.

3. tl01 thread starter macrumors 68020

Apologies...I want to order a rose gold case. But I didn't see rose gold with the Nike bands:(.

4. gigaguy macrumors 65816

Apple does not alter their branded watch combos much, Nike band goes with the Nike watch product. just wait for 3rd party bands or go on ebay in a few months and look for a Nike band possibly.

5. tl01 thread starter macrumors 68020

Could do that. I'll probably look for a Nike band on e bay. Thanks!

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I like the bands too. My problem is I don't want to and can't wait; moving here and I just don't want to preorder and have a potential later launch or what it mess things up. Of course I could simply just wait to buy in store but where's the fun in that?

I wouldn't completely discredit the band being sold by Nike or something. Or possibly even more colors. It does seem the superior band for running.

7. JamerG macrumors member

Ironically, given this new push by Nike on the Watch, the new Nike Running Club app is useless. You're much better off with a different running app - Strava is my favourite watch implementation to date.