Nike app Apple Watch 1st gen

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by hagr182, Mar 19, 2017.

1. hagr182 macrumors regular

Hi; I have a race in a couple of hours and I'd like to track it using Nike plus. I have the original Apple Watch with no gps and it seems nike has made it so you either track your runs with your phone or with your watch. For me it means either get the the gps data (tracking with phone) or HR data (watch). Is there a way to get both HR and GPS data with the Apple Watch 1 and the iPhone?

Kind regards

2. pedrowerner macrumors regular

pedrowerner

You can begin the race with your watch and if you have your iPhone with you it will track the gps. Also I think there's a way to start the workout on your phone and your watch will start the Nike app.

3. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    the first half of this is false. If started on your watch it will NOT use your GPS. Starting on phone will initiate on watch and will use both HR and GPS date. HOWEVER, I find it very very glitchy in my use. When started this way the app on the watch often glitches out for me after 1-3 miles and won't restart.

for this reason I would seriously recommend using the built in workouts app. A lot more reliable