Nike App Shenanigans

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by RiddlaBronc, Feb 9, 2017.

1. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

When I go out for a jog, I open up the nike plus app on my phone and click run. I do the same on my watch but using the stock app. As soon as I glance at my watch in the middle of the run, it shows the nike app home screen where the option to start is. It also stops recording the run on the stock watch app which pisses me off.

How do I get the nike app to NOT open up on my watch when I am already using the stock watch app for running? The reason for using the two apps (nike app on phone) and stock watch app is because the stock app does not contribute to the nike app. Also, how do you force close an app? When the nike app opens up on my watch the heart rate green light stays lit up draining my battery. Have to power off the watch to get it to stop.

Any insight on how to fix this?

Thanks

2. OriginalAppleGuy macrumors 6502

OriginalAppleGuy

I believe the Nike App will feed the stock data. I find that to be true with the Pedometer ++ app.

To force close an app with it on the screen, hold the button in until the option to turn off the watch, etc. pops up. Then press and hold the crown.

3. dallison13 macrumors regular

If you start the Nike Run Club on the phone with the latest update, it will prompt the watch to act as a "screen" for the phone app. This will stop other GPS apps from working on the watch. I "think" this is to allow the NRC phone app to also utilize the HR monitor.

To have this not happen, turn off bluetooth on your phone so it's not connected to the watch.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 9, 2017 ---
    The Nike app will feed into the Health App and the Activity app, but does not actually feed into the Apple stock running app, if that's what you meant.

4. OriginalAppleGuy macrumors 6502

OriginalAppleGuy

Yes - I meant the health and activity apps, not the stock Apple running app.

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I have always use the Nike app on my iPhone and the Workout app on my :apple:Watch and even did a 6 miler this morning . I don't allow the Nike app to write any data (just read) since it would only conflict. Be sure you have all Write Data toggled off.