Nike+ App

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Encoder, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Encoder macrumors member

I've been using the Nike+ app for running. I also run the Workout app so that my activity rings fill. The Nike app offers pace over the course of the run and is just more accurate than the native app. But...lately I've been having trouble starting it. I open the app on my watch and hit Start Run but it either takes forever or tells me I have to start it on my phone. My phone is in an arm band and nearly impossible to see in the sun. Is anyone else having issues with the Nike+ app on Apple Watch?

2. Tamagotchi macrumors 6502

Tamagotchi

I'm not having any issues. But maybe try uninstalling the Nike+ app through the Apple Watch App and then reinstalling.

I had a similar problem with my Weather App. My only solution was to erase my Apple Watch and restore from the back up in my iPhone (as you can't uninstall this one).

3. mikemj23 macrumors 6502

Yes, mine does the same thing sometimes. I have found that opening the app on my iPhone right before I start my run and then hitting start on the Apple Watch app starts it properly. I have had some success just starting directly from my AW, but often mine gets hung as well.

4. Encoder thread starter macrumors member

The Nike+ app has gotten a little better with the 8-27 update. The only real issue I'm still having is the pausing of my runs. Even with auto-pause turned off, my run pauses if I hold my arm up too long, which sucks, because that's what I have to do in order for the app to update and show me how far i've gone. Yeesh.