Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MurraysMic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2016
Just a quick query if i may?

Has anyone using the Nike+ (Sorry "Nike Running club") app and apple watch 2 having issues with runs Auto Pausing and auto ending on the watch?

I've had two runs, a few miles in to the run and every half mile afterwards or so the run will auto pause after a few auto pauses the run will automatically end. I have started the app and switched to standard watch face in case the app was being auto paused by clothing. Also you can't lock the watch with the app running as it failed to track the run in lock mode

The only common denominator when this has happened is during either rain running or just after a rain shower and was wondering if this has happened to anyone else? I had to do an 8 mile run over three runs due to the auto ending of the run. The strap is tight when running and I've ran before with no issues other than those conditions. Not sure if this is an app fault (Which would not suprise me at the moment as the new NRC app is a disaster.

I don't want to move away as I've four years of data from the start of my running journey to now.

Last edited:

Sidewolf

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2010
Moscow Idaho

Has anyone using the Nike+ (Sorry "Nike Running club") app and apple watch 2 having issues with runs Auto Pausing and auto ending on the watch?

I've had two runs, a few miles in to the run and every half mile afterwards or so the run will auto pause after a few auto pauses the run will automatically end. I have started the app and switched to standard watch face in case the app was being auto paused by clothing. Also you can't lock the watch with the app running as it failed to track the run in lock mode

The only common denominator when this has happened is during either rain running or just after a rain shower and was wondering if this has happened to anyone else? I had to do an 8 mile run over three runs due to the auto ending of the run. The strap is tight when running and I've ran before with no issues other than those conditions. Not sure if this is an app fault (Which would not suprise me at the moment as the new NRC app is a disaster.

I don't want to move away as I've four years of data from the start of my running journey to now.
[doublepost=1479447300][/doublepost]

ohio.emt

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Ohio
I haven't had a chance to use the new version yet. I do know that you can turn the feature off though, and manually pause if it is causing problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.