Nike+ AW Volt/ black colour match

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Metz77, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Metz77, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016

Metz77 macrumors newbie

I hadn't noticed it for the first few days but now it's looks as the colour of the strap (volt/ yellow) doesn't seem to match the colour of the Nike volt Watch face.

The volt on the strap is more yellow and the watch face more of a green. It seems more noticeable when viewing Watch face from an angle.

Can anyone who has the black/ volt give a view on how theirs look?

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

#firstworldproblems

I went for the black/gray band but on other stuff there's usually a distinct variation of color based on the ambient lighting.

Are you seeing the same difference under all the various ambient lighting conditions such as fluorescent, incandescent, LED (warm/cool/daylight), overcast, shade, and direct sun.

3. Long Run Nick macrumors regular

I bought a knock off $10.99 black and volt watch band. No issues because I have the AW2. When I use the NRC app I am running and haven't taken the time to see if the Nike volt colored app is different than my cheapo band. I have noticed I run a little faster due to the lighter band.:) Nick

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I think the OP is talking about having the band match the Nike face, as in this picture.
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/nikeinc/assets/61919/Nike-Plus-Apple-Watch-2016-Lead_hd_1600.jpg?1473263371

If you have a non-Nike watch, you don't have that face.

5. consultant_on_journey macrumors regular

So i can say it fits very good. The colour on display and the sport band. Nearly the same. Photo is not Perfect. Colour on Display is more intense than on this photo

Attached Files:

6. Metz77 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes it's shows up slightly on your phone- the dots on the display are a different shade than band. But a lot more noticeable on the large digital Watch display. Not a big issue I know but just wondered if others had same issue

7. consultant_on_journey macrumors regular

The dots are a little bit darker. So they seem to be more green

8. Metz77 thread starter macrumors newbie

9. Long Run Nick macrumors regular

Night Spring please know I am aware of that, what I was referring to is when I use the NRC app to run the color on the app is pretty close to the color of the NIKE + version of the AW2. We would probably be pretty good friends because I often try to get fly feces out of pepper:). Continue to post, I have learned a lot from you. Nick

10. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

You know, it hadnt even occurred to me that the Nike app uses the same Volt color! :p

I too find your posts very informative. I haven't even began to run yet, I'm just doing a lot of walks and hoping to build up enough stamina to maybe, eventually, try running some day. But your experience is very informative and encouraging.

11. deeddawg, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016

deeddawg macrumors 604

Just a note of encouragement.

I don't have LRN's history or experience and won't pretend to.

What I do have is the perspective of being a former non-runner who took up the sport as I approached forty. I'd tried it in the past, but convinced myself I couldn't run. "bad knees" is what I told myself. Made it easier that way.

Then one day nearly eleven years ago I decided I was NOT going to buy yet another set of larger waistlined pants and started researching. Learned about the "couch to 5K" plan on the old coolrunning.com site. Started that with a cheap Timex digital watch and ended up running my first 5K race. This was before the idea of phone apps became a thing and I had to do it manually. That race led to another, and another, and so on. I've had injuries and healed up. I've gone on a hiatus or two, then turned myself around and got back at it. I just keep at it.

Barring their doctor telling them not to do so, I think anyone can build their stamina enough to run a 5K without stopping. It's just a matter of sticking to it even on the days you don't want to.

When you do find a day that you don't want to get out there, you're not alone. There are a lot of times I don't want to go for a planned run. Yet I suck it up and go do it. The only time I've ever regretted a run is when I didn't go do it. Every other time I'm glad I sucked it up and went. I've run in circles on cruise ships. I've run around new towns while travelling on business or on pleasure. Heat, cold, sunny, dark, raining, sudden downpours, you name it.

Turn "some day" into "tomorrow" once you've checked with your doctor.

Remember: Left, right, repeat as needed.

EDIT: I'll add one thing that I've found... it's super important to have the right running shoes for your individual biometrics. Forget the fancy adverts in running magazines, go find a good local running store that will measure your feet and try you out in various shoe models. Preferably one that videos your foot strike with each shoe and shows you how the different shoes correct for over or under pronation. You should then walk out of there with the right shoes for you. I've talked with many people who have had ankle issues, shin splints, IT band issues, hip issues, knee issues, etc... in many instances them going and getting properly fitted with the right shoes solved the issue. So why not circumvent that from the get go.

12. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Thanks for your encouragement. Learning about couch to 5k plans was one of the factors that made me feel I might be able to take up running, but the plans I've seen online seem too ambitious for me, lol. I think I looked at the first week and thought, "ok, maybe I can do that if I walk fast instead of running," but then looked at the second week and thought I'd need to repeat the first week quite a few times before I'd be ready to take on that much exercise. I'm currently trying the Nike Run Club "start to run" plan, which seems to be paced much more gradually, still just walking fast instead of running.

13. deeddawg macrumors 604

Depending on an individual's starting point, yes it's quite possible that the base C25K might need some weeks to be repeated while the body catches up.

Not a single thing wrong with that. Just be sure to avoid the three too's: too often, too fast, too far. Careful with the "run" portions; they may not be more than a walk in terms of actual speed, until you build up endurance. If you're out of breath you're "running" too fast. Slow it down. Even if you feel like it looks comical.

Success will come through consistency of doing the workouts and listening to what your body tells you.

Confidence comes through repetition.

Failure? That can only come from between your ears. Each day is a new day, and if you mess up you can always start again.

14. Long Run Nick macrumors regular

Night Spring, realize you probably didn't get out of shape over night. Be patient. I have coached hundreds of runners over the years. The ones I am proudest of were not the fastest, but the ones who are still running. My advice to you is don't over do or you will soon join the world's largest running club-"I use to run, but........club"

15. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

More like I was never in shape! :p

I'm lucky in that I can eat all I want and don't gain weight, but I never had any stamina. With Apple Watch's activity tracking, I've managed to gradually increase my activity level over the last year until I'm finally in the habit of going for a 20-30 minute walk every day. Now I'm trying to add some speed.

I'm thinking I'll stick to walking fast for the next few months, and gradually increasing the time I spend walking fast, as well as increase speed so that I'm eventually running. As you say, I don't want to overdo it, but hopefully I can stick to my long-range plan.