Nike+ for iPhones in 3.0?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Arkanok, May 24, 2009.

1. Arkanok macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

I'm not quite sure if this has ever even come up in reference to the 3.0 update that's coming soon, but I was hoping that somebody may have heard something about this.

Will the 3.0 update include Nike+ compatibility for iPhones? I know the current touch works with Nike+ but since the iPhone doesn't, my only current option is to buy either a touch or a nano, both of which I don't want because I think it's pointless for me to spend money on an iPod just to use it when I have an iPhone that should have the ability to work with Nike+.

2. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

The current iPhone's don't have the chip inside that allows for Nike+ to work.

3. Arkanok thread starter macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

Yeah but I assume that Apple could allow that adapter that you plug into the Nanos to work on the iPhone by a software update, or am I wrong with that?

4. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Yeah, an adapter would work. Also maybe the bluetooth chip in it would work, the touch has the same chip i think, so it should work. The bluetooth chip in the iPhone 3G can do stereo bluetooth, peer to peer, and tethering. The touch can do all that except tethering.

5. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

6. Xtremespirit319 macrumors regular

I've definitely wanted this feature since hearing of it so..I hope its in there...:)