Nike fuel app for apple watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by travis64, Mar 13, 2015.

1. travis64 macrumors 6502a

travis64

Will nike make the nike fuel band app for the apple watch so i can get rid of my fuelband?

2. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I just saw a story that Apple is removing rival fitness trackers from its stores. This is interesting since Apple used to promote that Nike stuff.

3. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

It will probably have to wait on the next SDK since all sensors are off limits to 3ed parties. However since Nike is a close parter with Apple they will probably get and early crack at it. I would email Nike and ask.

4. travis64 thread starter macrumors 6502a

travis64

No 3rd party can have access to the senors!?why does apple always do this!

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

In 2 words: Battery life. Apple needs to get lots of real world user data usage to analyze the best methods, rules and restrictions for allowing 3ed parties access. Remember, Apple is not just selling 50,000 examples but will sell millions.

If Apple just came out and opened the sensors to any 3ed party app it would be the wild west with inefficient Apps killing the battery in hours or less.

6. nwlondonlad macrumors 6502a

nwlondonlad

Probably sooner than later. Nike already released an update to the App where you can use your iphone as a substitute for the Nike fuel band.

7. timsutcliffe macrumors 6502

I'm also really interested in this. Will what they showed for watchOS 2 allow for this?