Nike+ Fuelband for ankle instead of wrist?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 3282868, Apr 28, 2013.

1. 3282868 macrumors 603

I've been considering the Nike+ Fuelband as the second ver. seems to be getting good reviews. I've been a competitor lifter for years, and now getting into a cardio routine for the summer. I'm surprised there isn't a version for the ankle as this would be a better determinant of activity as opposed to the arms.

Any idea if it can be used on an ankle or if there is something in the rumor mill Nike may be developing such a model? Thanks!

2. darster Suspended

I also wondered why they don't have one for the ankle too. You would think it would be good for runners and walkers alike.

3. 3282868 thread starter macrumors 603

I noticed they have an extra large model, but they don't list the diameter. If it's big enough to fit around an ankle, should make for better assessments. What do you think?

4. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

You know I actually thought about using my fuel band (when I had it) on my ankle... But then it came to me that if I wore that outside and ran with it... I had a feeling people may think i'm on house arrest and that the cops were onto me... lol

5. 3282868 thread starter macrumors 603

Ha! That would be a sight. "It's not an ankle monitor! Don't tase me, bro!"

So you had one, how did you like it? Worth it?

6. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

Hah exactly!

I had one, yes. I liked it a lot, but once I became more active and got use to my daily routine I feel as if I didn't need it anymore. I knew how many fuels/calories i burned etc..

Crazy thing is. They just updated the app the day after I sold my Fuel Band. Heard they've got some new social stuff added to the fuel band. But I might try FitBit's band this time. See what it's all about.

7. Ann P, Apr 28, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2013

Ann P macrumors 68020

Are they no longer selling the current Fitbit band? I was in the market for one, checked the site and it said "Coming Spring". :confused:

edit: Sorry disregard that. I must have gotten Jawbone and Fitbit bands mixed up, haha.

8. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

Haha it's okay. I actually thought about going Jawbone.. But I'm still not too convinced. I originally picked up the jawbone.. But the bluetooth sync through Nike Fuel Band won me over with the LED's

The Fitbit however is at $99 (when it comes out) looks pretty stylish/simple and it has a sleep tracker/calorie intake with it as well. Which beats the Fuel Band..

9. 3282868 thread starter macrumors 603

Meh, social stuff, unplugged from Facebook last year, won't go back :)

They released a new version last year or this year (I think). If I can return it if it's nothing great I'd give it a try, otherwise I'll wait it out, seems there's quite a few people asking about a leg/ankle version.

FitBit, I'll check it out, thanks for the info!