Nike+ hack?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by BigPrince, Jul 29, 2007.

1. BigPrince macrumors 68020

2. ellsworth macrumors 6502a

I know this thread is old but here's the reason why it wouldn't work with the iphone:

"Gizmodo has confirmed this news as well during an interview with folks from Apple, they have mentioned that 1st generation iPod Touch owners and iPhone owners will be unable to use the new software due to a lack of the proper receiver. Apparently Nike+ uses a "proprietary low-power 2.4 GHz radio" and the existing dock-attachment is not compatible with the iPhone. Gizmodo has reported:

"Owners of the first-gen iPod touch, the iPhone and iPhone 3G are locked out, because of the technology required to connect the device to the receiver in your shoe without using the standard dock connector dongle. Apple also said that even if you shove in the dongle to the unsupported devices, nothing will happen"

Source: http://www.iphonehacks.com/2008/09/nike-ipod-news.html

3. Shorties macrumors 6502a

Well now that the iPhone 3GS supports it shouldn't it be easier to hack onto older iPhones, has anyone discovered a way to yet? I don't want to buy a nano just for Nike+

4. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

lol but you can get one soooo cheap for just a little effort.

5. DanielNTX macrumors 6502

There's work over at ModMyI. I have my 3G running the Nike.app from an iPod touch 2g and it sees the internal sensor, however I cannot get it to pair to the shoe sensor.

6. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

I believe only the 2nd Gen iPod Touch and the iPhone 3GS have the proper radios for communicating with the Nike+.

7. DanielNTX macrumors 6502

Supposedly the iPhone 3g and the iPod touch 2g use the same exact bluetooth chip. So it's a matter of the bluetooth driver.