Nike+ Human Race -London

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by liketom, Jun 3, 2008.

1. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

Just thought i'd post this as a seperate thread

I'm taking part in the Human Race in London and i was thinking if any UK Macrumors Nike+ People want to meet up and run together

31.08.08 London

Up for it ?

Attached Files:

2. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

3. Rigsby macrumors regular

I was going to post a very similar question...

I'm toying with the idea of running the London event. I had been thinking that it was a bit inconvenient, because I'm in South London and it starts in North London, so you've put me to shame a bit if you are based in Lincoln.

Judging by the results of most of the MacRumors challenges on Nike+ though I suspect my pace will be a bit slow for most people here!

4. liketom thread starter macrumors 601

liketom

as an update - i'm in and running in Wave 3

any other forum members decided to run ?

5. Rigsby macrumors regular

Shamefully I decided that travelling to North London from South London was just too far and have registered to take part virtually.

Having said that, part of my decision was because I didn't know anyone else taking part so might change my mind if there is a MacRumors posse.

(I've just realised how terribly sad that makes me, thinking of all you internet people as my new friends!)

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

When during the day is the London race? I'm signed up for the Chicago race -- really excited. :) It's in the evening, though (most races in the US are at the crack of dawn)... 6:30PM CST (which I believe is 12:30AM on the 1st of September. GMT?)

7. Rigsby macrumors regular

I think it's 7pm for the London race. It would be the first race I've ever done in the evening - if I did it.

I assume the reason for the timing is the entertainment; it just wouldn't feel right having decent acts at 9am on a Sunday, that's hangover time.

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Presumably not if you knew you were running a race that morning. :D

Yeah, I do see your point, though. The race here is at Soldier Field, and Fall Out Boy is our entertainment (sadly, Yeezie is in LA at another Human Race event....)