Nike + iPod, and Shuffle idea

Discussion in 'iPod' started by jarenado, Sep 13, 2007.

1. jarenado macrumors regular

jarenado

First off, has anyone heard anything about a new nike arm band for the new nano, I love my second generation, but the nike armband will probably push me over the edge to get a new nano.

Second, I think having a small screen on the next generation shuffle would be neat. Not for videos or anything, but maybe one just to let you navigate a menu, and see what you are listening too. What you guys think?

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

The new nano armband has been available since day one...you can see a nice pic of it and link to the item in the store here. (Interestingly, the Hi-Fi is still featured on that page.)

Edit: Oops...scratch that. I'm an idiot. You want a Nike+ armband, which I don't see anywhere. :eek:

I don't think the shuffle needs a screen. Especially now that it's so small...that's its defining feature, and anything that would make it bigger is a bad idea IMO.

3. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

a display would kill battery life. There is already no room in there as it is.

4. i0Nic macrumors 65816

5. t1937r0 macrumors 6502a

6. jarenado thread starter macrumors regular

jarenado

The battery life is something that can be figured out. Everything is getting smaller and longer battery life. I think they could make something that would be really cool.

7. juniusmaltby macrumors newbie

New Nike+ Armband for 3rd Generation Nano

Good news on the armband front ... Nike will be offering a new armband that will fit the 3rd gen Nano. See chat transcript (below) for details.

Linda: No new armbands as of now.
    Linda: Try back after January 1
    Linda: for any product updates.
    You: sounds like there is the potential for new product announcements sometime in January?
    Linda: I'm being told we will have one in a few days;
    Linda: Do you have a minute?
    You: sure
    Linda: I will do some research and get back to you; but we are supposed to have a new one coming out; like in the next few weeks.

===========================Edited on 12.17.2007================================
    Here's the new armband:

http://www.nike.com/index.jhtml#l=n.../pid-162954,_grid,s-armband&re=US&co=US&la=EN

Would have liked to see something closer to the original armband's clickwheel design, but still this is a welcomed product.