Nike+ iPod app on iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by leventozler, Jan 3, 2013.

1. leventozler macrumors 6502

I've been using the Nike+ iPod app for a couple of months now, but (I think) right after upgrading to iPhone 5 (installed iOS 6.1b4), the app stopped syncing to Nike Plus website. I've already filed a bug report with Apple, and Nike support stated that there is a known problem with sync on iOS 6. But, I can't find anyone else with this problem.

When I hit the Send to Nike+ button, iPhone switches to Safari, but the workout data never makes to the website. Does anyone else have this problem?

2. kstrzemp macrumors newbie

Nike+ on iPhone 5

I am also having this same issue. Have never been able to send a workout to Nike+ website. I've also searched around for a resolution, but no luck. I would be interested to hear of any response you might receive from Apple. I'll also submit a bug report.

3. leventozler thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you, at least now I know I'm not the only one...

No response from Apple. Just a note that states it is "duplicate of #12867439"

4. pgcudahy macrumors newbie

Same issue. Nike support could only recommend making sure cookies were enabled which didn't fix it.

5. Azy, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013

Azy macrumors regular

I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 6 and I can't find any way to get my workout data form the gym equipment to Nike+ website. Never tried to use it before iOS 6 so don't know if its me doing something wrong or iOS 6 just not supporting it... Would love to get it working. I thought it could be synced from iTunes also but there is no Nike+ tab on my iTunes when I connect my IP4 (Latest iTunes 11)

I have also submitted feedback to Apple

6. leventozler thread starter macrumors 6502

Strange. It has been working with iOS 6 & iPhone 4 for me.

7. Azy macrumors regular

Is that using a Nike+ sensor or gym equipment. Do you just upload results from settings menu and login to nike+ site when appears in safari?

8. tubber macrumors newbie

Same goes here... it just doesn't sync. apparently the "Sync" button is missing in the iOS 6

----------

The option does not appear anymore. Previously it does have the option that says "sync to Nike+" on the phone now it doesn't even appear.

9. leventozler thread starter macrumors 6502

Nike+ iPod Sensor. I hit the "Send to Nike+" in Nike+ iPod app, Safari opens, when logged in the run data is not there.

Apple has just closed the bug as duplicate.

10. pgcudahy macrumors newbie

Nike response

Just got this in an email from Nike
    Hopefully this means a fix soon

11. leventozler thread starter macrumors 6502

According to NIKE, the issue is fixed.

12. Angra-mainju macrumors regular

13. thyaguvinny macrumors newbie

Same problem.

Hey guys, I'm brazilian and I'm having the same problem! I'm using 3GS with 6.0.1 iOS. It's disgusting to buy a Nike shoe with that damn sensor and the set doesn't work...
    Did you install 6.1 iOS? Did it fix the sync problem with Nike+?
    Best regards!

14. djreyen macrumors newbie

Not fixed

I have an iPhone4 and am still having this problem since upgrading to iOS6. Prior to that... no problems.

15. JPaStout macrumors newbie

Still a problem

I am using an iphone 5/iOS 6.1.4, via ATT and am having the same problem. I had been using Nike + iPod through an iPod nano. I set up my Nike + account and was syncing run data via iTunes without a problem. My iPod nano screen went blank, so I switched to using the app via my iPhone. I can reach the Nike + website from my phone, can successfully login, and I can see all of my old runs. However, none of the new data that is on the iPhone has synced/uploaded. And yes, cookies are enabled. Anyone new solutions for this problem? I have taken the suggestion of downloading the Nike + running app but I'd like to sync the run data if possible.

16. v1ctorious macrumors newbie

same problem

iphone 5 - ios 6.01 - cant sync as well. Has any one managed a workaround?

If not, lets just hope this gets resolved on ios 7 next month

17. kelleybp macrumors member

Don't hold your breath. I too have the exact same issue as the OP and it appears neither Nike nor Apple are interested in fixing it. If they failed/refused to address it through the lifespan of iOS 6 I can't see them reversing course for iOS 7. What's more is that Nike is pushing their GPS apps and Fuel Band now. They've abandoned Nike+ sensors altogether it seems.

18. Dconrad macrumors newbie

My Nike+ iPod on my phone hasn't synced since I've used the Nike+ running app.
    It worked fine prior to using the Nike+ Running app.
    Tried everything Nike has recommended but nothing has worked.
    All runs say synced on my iPhone