Nike + iPod Sport Kit with out Nike+ shoes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tnsmart, Sep 9, 2008.

1. tnsmart macrumors 6502

Hi,
    I just ordered a 2nd generation iPod Touch and am wondering if the Nike + iPod Sport Kit will work my current tennis shoes. The Apple site says that it works "exclusively with your Nike+ shoes" and I just have Nike "Air" shoes. Has anybody had any experience with other shoes?
    Thanks.

2. exhibit.b macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure you don't need the shoes. I think you can attach the sensor to your shoe strings or something like that.

3. 2late2be macrumors member

2late2be

My husband bought the nike thingy without the shoes, worked just fine, the only differemce was that in the non-nike shoes he had to buy a little case for the chip to go on the shoelaces, and with the nike shoes the chip has its own space on the shoe, but i guess its ok if you dont get the shoes... :)

4. tnsmart thread starter macrumors 6502

Do you know where I could get a case like that?

5. angliam macrumors newbie

www.switcheasy.com

6. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

7. alicat macrumors newbie

I use mine in different shoes. Pouches are available online and department stores

8. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

9. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I cut a hole in the insole in my Asics, and it worked perfectly.

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I did not buy the Nike + shoes. They were over-priced and frankly weren't my favorite running/walking shoe.
    I purchased Marware's Sport Suit and not only did it work perfectly, it made it easy to change from shoe to shoe.

I would say it is not a good idea to cut a hole in the insole of any shoe as I would imagine it would botch the integrity of the shoe. If it has worked for some then fantastic, but I wouldn't do it.