Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stlblufan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
New York City
I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 on iOS 5.1. It had been on 5.0.1 until recently, but I was trying to fix a problem with Nike+iPod, so I upgraded (5.0.1 no longer being signed and all). The problem remains.

The problem is that when I go into settings, Nike + iPod, the button to turn it on and off is grayed out. I have tried rebooting, resetting, etc, and the only time that it worked was the brief period when I had 5.1 installed but not yet jailbroken. At that point, I turned it on (and the app installed itself), but once I jailbroke, the on/off toggle grayed out again, and the app crashes every time I start it.

Has anyone else experienced this? I just bought the little sensor unit, so I have no experience with the app. I don't know if it's just coincidence that this is happening when I'm jailbroken or if it is the result of being jailbroken (which would seem sort of odd to me, and there does not seem to be a Cydia fix, which I would expect if this were the case).

Any help much appreciated!

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 on iOS 5.1. It had been on 5.0.1 until recently, but I was trying to fix a problem with Nike+iPod, so I upgraded (5.0.1 no longer being signed and all). The problem remains.

The problem is that when I go into settings, Nike + iPod, the button to turn it on and off is grayed out. I have tried rebooting, resetting, etc, and the only time that it worked was the brief period when I had 5.1 installed but not yet jailbroken. At that point, I turned it on (and the app installed itself), but once I jailbroke, the on/off toggle grayed out again, and the app crashes every time I start it.

Has anyone else experienced this? I just bought the little sensor unit, so I have no experience with the app. I don't know if it's just coincidence that this is happening when I'm jailbroken or if it is the result of being jailbroken (which would seem sort of odd to me, and there does not seem to be a Cydia fix, which I would expect if this were the case).

Any help much appreciated!

Sounds like the app is configured so it will not run on jailbroken devices.

mrs.dcj

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2012
Nike+iPod

I have a non-jailbroken 4S and having the same trouble. Any thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

DayvG

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2009
I have a non-jailbroken 4S and having the same trouble. Any thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

Go to settings and find the Nike app. You'll see it's greyed out. Press home, then double tap home to bring up multitask menu. Go back into settings and there is your Nike settings ready to work. Worked for me.

My problem is the app crashes EVERY time I
Launch it!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.