Nike+ Logo on my new S3

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Warr-en-peace, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Warr-en-peace macrumors newbie

I flipped my S3 over last night and noticed there’s a Nike+ logo in the text wrapping the heart rate monitor.

My only thought would be that the casing is a left over S2 Nike+ casing, but I can’t believe Apple would be that lazy to do it in on purpose.

2. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Have you got a picture? Could be possible that it was a manufacturing error - albeit a rare one. Presume the software is not the Nike+ version with the exclusive faces, and it says 'Series 3' on the back?

3. Warr-en-peace thread starter macrumors newbie

Haven’t seen any indication in the OS that’s it’s Nike+. Here’s a pic.

Attached Files:

4. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

How very odd! And it came in the normal S3 packaging?

I'm sure Apple would happily exchange this if it bothers you - I know things like this occasionally happen, somebody after the iPhone 4 came out had their volume up and volume down button swapped out of the box.

Would be interesting to see if this is an isolated case or a whole batch were mislabelled as Nike+.

5. Warr-en-peace thread starter macrumors newbie

I ordered two identical watches, both came in the same packaging and everything. Only one has the Nike+ logo on it. Very strange to me.

Doesn’t particularly bother me, but it’d almost be worth going to walk into a store just to see the employee’s response. Guessing they would be as baffled as I am.

6. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I do wonder if it's worth anything as a collectable if it is an isolated incident. I have no idea, maybe it's too minor a manufacturing quirk, but would be interesting to find out.

7. mk313 macrumors 6502a

That is pretty cool. Did you get the Nike faces too?

8. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

That is my question, do you have any of the exclusive NRC faces? If so, you’d be better off keeping that gem.

9. Warr-en-peace thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess it couldn’t have been a leftover S2 casing, as it says Series 3 on it.

I did wonder if someone would pay a little for the mistake, but it is a redicukously small mistake.

I think it would be isolated—or I would hope so at least. It would be pretty crazy if assembly lines were crossed for a whole batch of watches!

10. SigEp265 macrumors 6502

SigEp265

I would keep it ... definetly a one-off product !

11. stu.h macrumors 65816

stu.h

12. broadbean macrumors 6502a

Won't be one-off when the rest of the Nike+ watches ship. I'd complain not getting the Watch faces tho!

Another poster received his Space Grey Series 3 with a Grey Band inside the box instead of Black Band despite what his order and the box said.

13. verdejt macrumors 6502

verdejt

14. profets macrumors 601

One of the engravings on the back mentions LTE.

15. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy