Nike+ on treadmill?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Kenzembo1, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Kenzembo1 macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

I'm a pretty avid runner and am considering purchasing some Nike+ (Plus) gear...the sports band in specific. As an Ohioan, the weather can be pretty fierce this time of year and I've been using the treadmill as an alternative to the snowy terrain. My question is: will the Nike Plus technology work on a treadmill? I know theoretically it will work, but I'm concerned with it's accuracy. Does anyone have experience with this? I ventured on the Nike website and it said that the results may be inaccurate, but has anyone actually experienced this? Any input/feedback would be greatly appreciated!

2. gibbz macrumors 68030

It has been pretty inaccurate for me and I just avoid it.

However, there are some treadmills that are supposedly designed to work with Nike+, so perhaps if your gym had those it would be a better option.

Here is an old forum post that might help.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=709951

3. Kenzembo1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the link gibbz...from what I gather, you can use it on a treadmill but it's more ideal if you're using the technology on a Nike+ compatible machine.

Does anyone actually know how off the readings are in comparison to the readings on an average treadmill...I think it would be a neat experiment to run "X" miles on the treadmill and see what the Nike+ results are.

4. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

From my experience tread mills themselves are not accurate at all anyways so its not really going to matter too much. Nike+ is cool because it will track goals and stuff online even if its not 100% accurate though.