Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TwiceNightly

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2008
Hi all,

I like the look of this band and it looks like it would go quite nicely with my SS but I can't find the band anywhere in the UK - was it discontinued?

If so any ideas on a good place to pick one up? Don't really want to do eBay ideally as I've got fake ones a couple of times from there.

Thanks!

mackie8

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014
Its still available in one store here in singapore..
Luckily found one

A bit dusty but all good and sealed...

44885459eda58f3bf41366ee0ec935d3.heic

daijholt

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2013
Wales, UK
Never buy sport bands or Milanese bands from CEX. They're often knock-offs as the staff don't seem to know how to tell the difference between a genuine and an eBay copy. Genuine bands ALWAYS have the size and the Nike+ branding on the inside of the band, knock-offs don't.

Ive had several from CEX that were sold as genuine but weren't. On the other hand, the leather ones I've bought were genuine, probably because they're a lot harder to fake.

RPhoto

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
Surrey, UK
Never buy sport bands or Milanese bands from CEX. They're often knock-offs as the staff don't seem to know how to tell the difference between a genuine and an eBay copy. Genuine bands ALWAYS have the size and the Nike+ branding on the inside of the band, knock-offs don't.

Ive had several from CEX that were sold as genuine but weren't. On the other hand, the leather ones I've bought were genuine, probably because they're a lot harder to fake.
Bit of a random thread revival but I’ve been researching Nike bands and happening across this post.

As it turns out I just received a Milanese loops from CEX, A condition for my wife. It’s brand new, boxed, still had the sticky tabs on and is a latest model (marked 40mm on the box and lug on the strap). For £55 it was well worth the gamble and mild inconvenience of returning it to my local store, had it been fake.

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth

So what’s to stop you from checking whether it’s genuine or a copy when you go into CEX?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.