Nike run app and playlist

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by john991, Sep 13, 2017.

1. john991 macrumors 68020

with watchOS 4 I cannot get a playlist added into the Nike run app. It is greyed out on my watch.

In the Apple workout app I have my playlist and can play my music.

Any idea why I can’t add a playlist into the Nike run app?

Thanks

Solved it.

Went into the Nike app on iOS and the Nike app didn’t have access to Apple Music. Once I enabled this the playlist came up.

2. mk313 macrumors 6502a

Are you able to get your watch to play music automatically when you start a run using the Nike App when you aren't carrying your phone? It sounds like that s what you're saying but I've never been able to get that to work. I always have to stay the music from the iTunes (or music) app. And then start my run from the Nike app. It would be great if I could cut it the additional step.

3. john991 thread starter macrumors 68020

Yes, it doesn’t play unless you carry your phone with you. So... I have to start the music app on my watch then run the Nike app. You’d think Nike would play the music directly from the watch when you don’t bring the iPhone.

4. mk313 macrumors 6502a

5. Morosowski macrumors newbie

Morosowski

That doesn’t make much sense to me. I just used the workout app and the music start automatically even if in Airplane mode and not having iPhone around. I guess they haven’t updated the NRC app yet to start music directly without the phone but will hopefully do so soon.