Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scriptkitten

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
So if I do an indoor run with apple workout, that run syncs over to the Nike+ app. That's great! I want all my run records in Nike because I track shoe data and other notes.

However I end up with both workout reports in my "activity app". Worse, look at the calorie tally for Nike +!!! Wtf. It's multiplying my calories by 1000

This is not happening on outdoor runs (but I always use the Nike apps directly for those)

Anyone else?

Attachments

• IMG_3333.PNG
    IMG_3333.PNG
    83.3 KB · Views: 634

SUMIMASN

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
Brooklin, Ontario, Canada
If I use the stock run app which seems it will give me what I need during the run: distance, time elapsed, pace & heart rate. Split would be nice on the same screen, but I haven't seen an option to add this, how do I get my run data to Nike +? Are there my tracking it logged metrics in Nike +? I downloaded & looked but couldn't even find a screen that would display all these things at once during my run in Nike +. Thnx much

norge

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2010
I think the amount of calories is normal, most cases they are calculated in kcal (but don't say it) this is where the factor 1000 comes from.

scriptkitten

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
I think the amount of calories is normal, most cases they are calculated in kcal (but don't say it) this is where the factor 1000 comes from.

yeah but apple workout and runs initiated by nike+ are not being displayed/calculated that way! i need to figure out hoot submit bugs to nike

scriptkitten

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
I wish I could lose a pound of fat on every run! I'd live on a diet of bacon and Krispy Kreme and it would be glorious

Reactions: bhayes444

norge

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2010
3600 kcal for a 5 mile/43 min run. Only if scriptkitten weighs more than 700 lbs.:D 3600 kcal is over a full pound of fat.:eek:
if you look at the the screenshot its 364,072 cal wich means 364 kcal not 3600 kcal and that is okay for 5 mile/43 min in my opinion.

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
if you look at the the screenshot its 364,072 cal wich means 364 kcal not 3600 kcal and that is okay for 5 mile/43 min in my opinion.
Although the health app says cal, it actually counts and displays kcal - it looks to me like the Nike app is mis interpreting the data from Apple Health (presumably where the link between the two is occurring): if you look in Apple health, active calories as shown as kcal but display the same figure that's show as active calories with cal as the unit in the activity app

IMG_0227.PNG
IMG_0228.PNG

I link several apps to health such as Runtastic and MyFitnessPal and none of them display this crazy behaviour so I'd say the bug is definitely in the Nike App

Last edited:
Reactions: scriptkitten
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.