Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Nike+ Run Club App Gains Support for Siri Suggestions and New Complications

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Nike today updated its popular Nike+ Run Club app to add several new features to support recent Apple hardware and software updates.

The Nike+ Run Club app now support Siri Suggestions, allowing Siri to suggest ideal times for a run based on run history. Siri Suggestions can be enabled by going to Settings > Siri & Search > Nike Run Club.

On the Apple Watch, the Nike+ Run Club app now offers complications that are designed to be used with the Infograph watch faces on the Apple Watch Series 4 models.

Nike recommends using the Apple Watch app on the iPhone to add and customize the new Nike Run Club complications.

Nike+ Run Club can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Nike+ Run Club App Gains Support for Siri Suggestions and New Complications

SteveJobs2.0

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
Won’t be effective until the watch can give you a little zap of electricity to get you going.

Comment

deeddawg

macrumors G4
Jun 14, 2010
US
Quickest way for me to tell Siri to go f itself is for it to tell me when it "thinks" I should go for a run.....

No thank you Nike. This and you dropped the website interface for run logs/routes?

Your advertising says I should believe in something.

I believe the Apple workout app is just fine. Bye NRC.

Reactions: japanime
Comment

Hallouminati

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2014
Sydney, Australia
I wonder if these complications are only for the Nike+ version of the watch. They certainly don’t show up on my S4..

I have the same issue. I have opened the app and watch app without any joy. If it is only on the Nike Run app it's no good for most (and as it is the same cost, why can't we just download those faces for free anyway?!)

Comment

cjake

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
Bottom Left is new Nike+ Run Club complication that shows the total distance run in the current month:

IMG_0642.jpg

Comment

sillert

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2017
Dresden, Germany
Since Nike+ Run Club does not support HealthKit lap times for single miles/kilometers and does not save the GPS log to the HK activity, I'm not using it anymore. It's crap, if it does not support the full range of HK features...

Reactions: Akrapovic
Comment

cjake

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
Lucky you! I don’t know why I can’t get it to show up.
If I recall correctly, this is what I did:

On your iPhone go to the App Store and update the Nike+ Run Club App if you don't have auto update turned on.

Open the Nike+ Run Club phone App and choose Setup Apple Watch.

Then open the Watch App on the phone, locate the Nike+ Run Club App in the App list, and enable Show App on Apple Watch.

Then you can add either of the two Nike+ Run Club complications to the Infograph faces. Which one you get depends on where you place the complication on the watch face; inside or outside the dial.

Last edited:
Comment

lars666

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2008
Another hint if somebody doesn't find the new complication: At least for me, the complication doesn't show up (yet) within the iPhone Watch app, but only if I choose the complication directly on my watch.

Comment

nitramluap

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2015
NRC doesn’t sync all data (maps in particular) to Health nor can you do any coaching sessions without the iPhone - even with a cellular Watch. Not good enough.

Reactions: Akrapovic
Comment

eliaz

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2009
It finally just appeared out of nowhere for me... I'm not sure what I did differently this time

Comment

menace3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Seattle, WA
After I installed the update, it did not appear on my AW4. It was only after I uninstalled the app from the watch, then reinstalled it that it actually worked.

Last edited:
Comment

japanime

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
Nike can continue to dress up the NRC app all it wants, but the performance is still garbage. After logging 30,000 miles with Nike+ since 2010, I've finally given up on trying to get the app to work properly on my Nike+ version of the Apple Watch. So disappointed, as Nike+ was a great motivational tool when it worked properly. Sadly, that hasn't been the case for the past two years.

Comment

deeddawg

macrumors G4
Jun 14, 2010
US
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.