Nike+ Run Club App Gains Support for Siri Suggestions and New Complications

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 5, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Nike today updated its popular Nike+ Run Club app to add several new features to support recent Apple hardware and software updates.

The Nike+ Run Club app now support Siri Suggestions, allowing Siri to suggest ideal times for a run based on run history. Siri Suggestions can be enabled by going to Settings > Siri & Search > Nike Run Club.

On the Apple Watch, the Nike+ Run Club app now offers complications that are designed to be used with the Infograph watch faces on the Apple Watch Series 4 models.

Nike recommends using the Apple Watch app on the iPhone to add and customize the new Nike Run Club complications.

Nike+ Run Club can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Nike+ Run Club App Gains Support for Siri Suggestions and New Complications

2. SteveJobs2.0 macrumors 6502a

Won’t be effective until the watch can give you a little zap of electricity to get you going.

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

Quickest way for me to tell Siri to go f itself is for it to tell me when it "thinks" I should go for a run.....

No thank you Nike. This and you dropped the website interface for run logs/routes?

Your advertising says I should believe in something.

I believe the Apple workout app is just fine. Bye NRC.

4. csurfr macrumors 68000

I wonder if these complications are only for the Nike+ version of the watch. They certainly don’t show up on my S4..

5. simoncook1969 macrumors newbie

I have the same issue. I have opened the app and watch app without any joy. If it is only on the Nike Run app it's no good for most (and as it is the same cost, why can't we just download those faces for free anyway?!)

6. eliaz macrumors newbie

Its not showing up on my Nike+ S4 either

7. KiwiAdventure Suspended

I only purchased Nike 4 watch because of its watch strap. Now deleted all Nike rubbish.

8. cjake macrumors regular

Bottom Left is new Nike+ Run Club complication that shows the total distance run in the current month:

IMG_0642.jpg

9. csurfr macrumors 68000

Lucky you! I don’t know why I can’t get it to show up.

10. sillert macrumors newbie

sillert

Since Nike+ Run Club does not support HealthKit lap times for single miles/kilometers and does not save the GPS log to the HK activity, I'm not using it anymore. It's crap, if it does not support the full range of HK features...

11. cjake, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018

cjake macrumors regular

If I recall correctly, this is what I did:

On your iPhone go to the App Store and update the Nike+ Run Club App if you don't have auto update turned on.

Open the Nike+ Run Club phone App and choose Setup Apple Watch.

Then open the Watch App on the phone, locate the Nike+ Run Club App in the App list, and enable Show App on Apple Watch.

Then you can add either of the two Nike+ Run Club complications to the Infograph faces. Which one you get depends on where you place the complication on the watch face; inside or outside the dial.

12. lars666 macrumors 6502a

Another hint if somebody doesn't find the new complication: At least for me, the complication doesn't show up (yet) within the iPhone Watch app, but only if I choose the complication directly on my watch.

13. nitramluap macrumors regular

NRC doesn’t sync all data (maps in particular) to Health nor can you do any coaching sessions without the iPhone - even with a cellular Watch. Not good enough.

14. eliaz macrumors newbie

It finally just appeared out of nowhere for me... I'm not sure what I did differently this time

15. menace3, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018

menace3 macrumors 6502a

menace3

After I installed the update, it did not appear on my AW4. It was only after I uninstalled the app from the watch, then reinstalled it that it actually worked.

16. CVUSA macrumors regular

Which straps did you got ?

17. japanime macrumors 68000

japanime

Nike can continue to dress up the NRC app all it wants, but the performance is still garbage. After logging 30,000 miles with Nike+ since 2010, I've finally given up on trying to get the app to work properly on my Nike+ version of the Apple Watch. So disappointed, as Nike+ was a great motivational tool when it worked properly. Sadly, that hasn't been the case for the past two years.

18. deeddawg macrumors 604

FWIW I recently ordered and received this knock-off: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-colors...ap-For-Apple-Watch-Series4-3-2-1/263998639234

Compared to what I remember of the AW4 NIke+ sport loop I had for a few days I'm impressed at how close it really is -- I'd definitely recommend it if you're looking for a reflective sport loop that isn't Nike.

(I decided to move to SBSS and thus returned the Nike watch)