Nike Run Club App not optimized for Series 4 screen size

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by Robbenisland, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Robbenisland macrumors member

I am running with my Series 4 SBSS and with the Nike Run Club App. The App has not been updated yet for the new screensize of the series 4. A bit embarrassing considering the partnership Nike has with Apple. Hope they fix this soon. The app also shows a waiting spinning wheel quite often.

2. menace3 macrumors 6502a

menace3

I'm surprised that there has not been a Nike update, especially since I'm scheduled to receive my Mike Series 4 this week. Hoping that move the NTC onto LTE. It's stupid to have to start a workout on the phone, when I want to leave it in the car or my gym locker, when i go workout

3. rbart macrumors 6502

rbart

This app is really disappointing ...
    Nike has a premium partnership with Apple but produces a crap app ...
    It's slow, laggy. I thought it was due to my S2, but it's also slow an an S4 !!!
    It could be a great app (nice design, big ecosystem, easy to use) with some improvement but there are too many problems:
    - sluggish performance
    - bugs/lags everywhere
    - Maps not saved in Apple Health
    - no more web site to browse activity history
    - impossible to have current pace and average pace at the same time
    - closed ecosystem

Finally Apple builtin exercise app is greater, it just misses a bit of fun/design.
    NRC is becoming more and more useless ...

When we see what a "single" developer like cfc can do with Workoutdoors ... I don't understand how such a big company can produce a so bad app

4. ftaok macrumors 603

ftaok

I've lost faith in Nike's ability to develop apps and software a long time ago. Their offerings used to be really great and then slowly they've torn down all of the cool and fun stuff and replaced it with marketing.

The sooner folks stop using Nike's tech services, the better. It might work great for you right now, but sooner or later, they're gonna break it and you'll be left wondering why you used their services in the first place.

Switch to an app that frees your data. There are a few out there. iSR, WorkOutdoors, RunGap, HealthFit all work to allow you to have access to your data and for you to view it where you please. SmashRun.com is a good place to put your data.

5. japanime macrumors 68000

japanime

The NRC app is an insult to those of us who bought into the Nike+ iPod system when it launched 12 years ago. I logged a lot of miles with that early kit, and continued to enjoy using Nike+ when I got my iPhone 3Gs. Things went downhill really fast, though, when the Nike+ Running app was abandoned for the NRC version a couple of years ago.

Remember the fantastic Nike+ website that included our workout history, challenges, rankings by age and gender, a community bulletin board/forum, and so much more?

Remember the free events (like the worldwide Human Race) that Nike held to encourage use of Nike+?

Remember the Nike+ swag that would arrive unexpectedly in the mail after you reached certain Nike+ milestones? (I got a free Nike+ iPod armband when I hit my first 1,000 kilometers, a T-shirt for my first 1,000 miles, and a $25 Nike Store gift card for some other achievement.)

Remember when Nike+ just worked and brought joy to our workouts?

Those days are history. :(

6. Magnificent macrumors member

I am completely agree on every single words about Nike run club app what you wrote.
    I hope they update the app in every missing way soon as possible.
    Watch's native app is nice but, it also does not have a web site browsing future and an audio cues in every 1 mile/km.

7. ftaok macrumors 603

ftaok

Not for nothing, but NRC does not have the website browsing feature either. Used to, but they killed it about 6 months ago.

8. japanime macrumors 68000

japanime

Not only did they kill it, they did so without informing their users beforehand. It just vanished. Way to treat your loyal customers, Nike.

9. rojocrandall macrumors regular

rojocrandall

Been there too. The good ol' days...But hey, check out WorkOutDoors and relive those fun days when you enjoyed
    running for the joy of it without the fake corporate relationships... :)

10. ftaok macrumors 603

ftaok

I don't think I've ever enjoyed running. I have to drag my ass out to run and I only do it because I hate other forms of excercise even more.

But I do want to be relatively healthy and I do like to eat tasty things, so I gotta do something. Running is probably the most efficient form of exercise that I'll consider.

I do remember the old days of Nike. I really loved that Nike Active website where you would go around the world and see how many miles you rack up around Paris and London. You'd get a little postcard as you walk by the Eiffel Tower. It was corny, but I liked it anyway.

11. japanime macrumors 68000

japanime

I've been hearing a lot about WorkOutdoors. I'll have to check it out.

That's a feature I don't remember at all! I don't know if I ever encountered it. It does indeed sound corny, but also fun.

12. ftaok macrumors 603

ftaok

Yeah, it was pretty fun. They used to convert all of your exercise into Nike Fuel. As you collected Nike Fuel throughout the day/week/etc, your little avatar on the screen would move around the map. I think if you had Nike friends, you would be in race around the cities with them. I remember the avatar would run to the Eiffel Tower, then up halfway, but run out of Nike Fuel. Then I'd go back on the treadmill to walk 20 mintues and re-sync my iPod so that my guy could make it to the top before going to bed.

Clever way to motivate someone into excercising.

I was trying to find some images on Google, but there's not really anything.

13. japanime macrumors 68000

japanime

That sounds neat. I never understood how Nike Fuel worked or what it was for; I guess that's one example of how it could be used.

The thing I miss most about the old Nike+ is the website. I really enjoyed looking at the data.