Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryanmp

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 6, 2016
I gave Nike+ Run Club a try for the first time today using my Apple Watch without my iPhone. Everything seemed to be perfect with the tracking and when I finished my run. The distance recorded by the Apple Watch in the summary of Nike+ matched previous runs using Strava and my iPhone almost exactly.

My watch then synced with my phone and I opened up the Nike+ app on my iPhone. Again the distance recorded said ~5km in Nike+

I then opened the map on my phone in Nike+ and although it says 5km, the starting point in green is in completely the wrong spot. Its so weird because the distance the lines are showing on that map is not 5km.

I then exported the data using Nike+ to Strava exporter. It seems the raw GPS data is showing starting at the green dot like the map below, so when I imported that into Strava it only recorded the run as ~4km.

Anyone had this issue?? How can the GPS data be 4km, but then Nike+ still shows it as 5km??? So confused.

Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 8.19.00 pm.png

nyisles84

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2008
I have read that sometimes it takes a watch a couple of moments to get a gps lock. I don't know why that show the distance run in the data but not on the map though. Also, what are you using to export Nike+ data to Strava?

ryanmp

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 6, 2016
I have read that sometimes it takes a watch a couple of moments to get a gps lock. I don't know why that show the distance run in the data but not on the map though. Also, what are you using to export Nike+ data to Strava?

Yea it was over 1km from my start point to where the green dot is on the map, where it appears the GPS signal was first captured.

I used http://nike.vinz.xyz/ to do the transfer. The map that then appeared in Strava matched the one I screenshot'd above perfectly. AlStrava reported the distance as 4.1km not 5km, which is exactly correct for the run assuming it started at the green dot.

I was thinking afterwards, is it possible that for some reason the GPS signal was not acquired when I started the run and NRC was actually using the accelerometer for that first KM. That would explain why it still recorded ~5km but the GPS data is only ~4km...

ryanmp

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 6, 2016
I fixed the problem..

SOLUTION: On the iPhone, hold down on the Nike+ app. Tap the X on the icon and then hit delete.

Reactions: trminek

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
I fixed the problem..

SOLUTION: On the iPhone, hold down on the Nike+ app. Tap the X on the icon and then hit delete.
Not sure how deleting the NRC app from the iPhone would solve your problem ... unless you're being sarcastic and saying that the solution is to not use NRC at all.

I'm heavily invested in Nike for all of my data, but the current state of the app and the website is leaving me very very underwhelmed. I might go to a new platform, but I'm very cheap and I don't want to pay for "premium" features. I really wish Apple would open up the data from the built-in Workout app.

ft

ryanmp

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 6, 2016
Not sure how deleting the NRC app from the iPhone would solve your problem ... unless you're being sarcastic and saying that the solution is to not use NRC at all.

I'm heavily invested in Nike for all of my data, but the current state of the app and the website is leaving me very very underwhelmed. I might go to a new platform, but I'm very cheap and I don't want to pay for "premium" features. I really wish Apple would open up the data from the built-in Workout app.

ft

Yes I was being sarcastic.

Honestly Nike is living up to its reputation of being complete garbage, what a terrible app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.