Nike Run Club - Music

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by stellabluemccoll, Apr 24, 2018.

1. stellabluemccoll macrumors newbie

stellabluemccoll

I apologize if this question has been answered....

Do any of you have problems playing music THROUGH the NRC app? It says it's there, but when I start, there is no music playing. If I tap it, nothing happens so I can't change it or do anything with it.

I can play music through my apple music, but I thought there was a way to play it through the NRC on it's on own on through just the watch.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. mk313 macrumors 6502a

I think playing music through the app only works if you are using the watch in conjunction with the phone. I have never been able to get music to play natively through the watch app alone. I stopped using the Nike app a month or so ago but prior to that, I always started my music from the music app, then opened the Nike app to start my run.

3. stellabluemccoll thread starter macrumors newbie

stellabluemccoll

Thanks so much! I REALLY thought you could play just through the watch app, like the phone app. I swore I read some stuff that you could but it's not happening. I am able to play music with itunes, but not through Nike.

Thanks so much! At least I won't be driving myself crazy now!
    --- Post Merged, Apr 25, 2018 ---
    What running app do you use? What benefits does it have over the Nike?

4. mk313 macrumors 6502a

I have a Series 2 watch and since they launched updated Nike app at the same time they launched the SEries 3 watch, the Nike app has become unstable for many Series 2 owners. I keep trying the new versions they put out, but it keep as crashing on me, so I have moved over to the built in workouts app.

I like the Nike app more, but it just isn’t stable. If they ever fix it or if I upgrade my watch and it works again, I’d move back to the Nike app.

5. stellabluemccoll thread starter macrumors newbie

stellabluemccoll

Gotcha. Thanks so much for your feedback.

I know a lot of people like Strata.

6. mk313 macrumors 6502a

Strava is nice but the auto pause feature was ridiculously sensitive for me. It paused my run every time I turned my wrist to glance at my watch. If I ever become unsatisfied with the built in app, I would give Strava another try.