Nike Run Club Odd Behavior

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by mk313, Apr 6, 2017.

1. mk313 macrumors 6502

I use the NRC apple watch app to track my runs. I drive to the park & then run from there. On several occasions, I"ve passed the car mid-run and every time I do, my music pauses and then starts up again about 30 seconds later. I assume it has something to do with connecting to my phone (that is in my car), and then disconnecting when I get back out of range.

Today, due to some angry geese on the trail, I ended up running a path looking like a Y with my car in the middle, so I passed the car 3 times. The first two times, it acted the same way, but on the third pass, when I went to stop my run, the app looked like it was starting up (the logo came up with a kind of circle spring icon) and then when the app finally opened up, it was set to start recording my run, but it never stopped tracking the original run. It looked like the run just disappeared. Once I got back into the car, I opened the NRC app on my phone & the run was in there. It was like the watch app ended the run on it's own & uploaded to the Nike server.

I'm glad it ended up tracking the miles, but I'm curious if anyone else has had a similar experience?

2. tmiles81 macrumors member

My understanding of this (i read somewhere online) is that even though the app crashes, its still recording. If you press the digital crown you should see that the green workout icon appears at the top of the watch screen. Also, as this happened to me last night, the voiceovers still work every km.
    I read that the thing to do is ignore the 'crash' and not hit start again, otherwise it overrights the previous run data.
    In addition, when you stop moving, the pause/resume/end workout (cant recall exactly which two) page shows on the watch.
    Its not ideal but i get some comfort knowing the run is still being recorded in the background.

hopefully a fix is coming soon....

3. mk313 thread starter macrumors 6502

Tmiles,

Thanks that's great to know. Makes me feel better about how to proceed. Thanks for sharing it.

4. andrewstirling macrumors 6502

I had a run fail to log today. I looked at my watch shortly into the run and instead of figures for pace distance etc it just showed dashes. I completed, paused and ended the run but it showed as 0 distance ran. What's more, I had to reboot the watch to stop the green heart rate sensor. Force quitting the apps didn't work. What's more, the phone app lost my training programme last weekend. And I've only been using the app for 3 weeks!