Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kgrules12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2018
Hi I am experiencing an issue where I am getting very different results when I am using the Nike run app when I run with my phone and when I run with Just the watch. When I run with my phone what used to be a mile mark is about 0.10 longer than when I run with Just my watch. Has anyone else experienced this and know how to fix?

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I use Nike on my iPhone (plus I use a Garmin 320) and the Workout app on my S3 Apple Watch. My watch has ALWAYS (100's and 100's of times) measured SHORT. And this is since launch day (using S0) and with 3 different Apple Watches (3 different iPhones also). Just today I did a 6 miler and my Garmin had 6.03, Nike/iPhone 6.1 (usually closer to Garmin) and Apple Watch 5.83.

Kgrules12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2018
I use Nike on my iPhone (plus I use a Garmin 320) and the Workout app on my S3 Apple Watch. My watch has ALWAYS (100's and 100's of times) measured SHORT. And this is since launch day (using S0) and with 3 different Apple Watches (3 different iPhones also). Just today I did a 6 miler and my Garmin had 6.03, Nike/iPhone 6.1 (usually closer to Garmin) and Apple Watch 5.83.
[doublepost=1522711338][/doublepost]Thank you for this. What is weird though is I’m using the Nike run app on my watch in both instances but the fact that I have my phone in my hand seems to affect the distance on my watch. Really strange

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
I think the watch uses the phone’s gps by default when the phone is in range. So even though you have the watch in both instances, the watch isn’t really doing the measuring when the phone is present.

Reactions: Kgrules12
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.