Nike SG/Volt or SS or SB?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by eddiexhart, Dec 30, 2016.

1. eddiexhart macrumors regular

eddiexhart

I've had my Nike Plus for about 2-3 weeks now and I kinda feel like the sport model isn't looking so "cool" anymore. I'm wondering if any of you changed your mind, specially the Nike model to the SS or SSSB... thoughts?I mean is there any REAL differences aside from the band and watch faces?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I would tire quickly of looking at it too. Unless you live in the gym . . . . . .

3. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Buy some decent bands man. Domt underestimate how classy matte black can look with good bands. Unless you got the regular aluminum not the black. I don't feel the regular sport looks great. The black sport can look better than the stainless imo especially with bkue keather loop

Either way I'd say bands can make or break most models and while I like tje bike sport band kts not for ever occasion.

4. democracyrules macrumors 6502a

If I were you, I would keep the Nike plus since it has unique watch faces and band. I would get another bands that fit with my needs/wants and budget. However, if you prefer to have shinny or luxury look and durable watch, get SS and/or SB based on your budget and your preference. I prefer SB since it is more sleek and elegant for me. Please think it over pros and cons before buying another watch hastily because you will regret sooner or later and you will waste money unnecessarily. I wish you the best for your final decision.

5. andeify macrumors 6502

andeify

I bought a Nike+, if I had loads of money to blow I would have gone for the ceramic white. I think I would be too worried about scratching the SS version.

6. Kjung7 macrumors 6502

There is no difference besides cost. I have the SG Nike with the black/gray band. I'm a big fan of it. I'm currently looking to snag a leather loop to use when going out. The Nike band is definitely nice for working out because it allows ventilation.

7. democracyrules macrumors 6502a

Agree with the comment above.

8. raqball macrumors 6502a

raqball

I got the SS in Space Black and love it.. It's heavier than the Aluminum versions if that maters to you OP. My main reason for going SS was for the sapphire display. I had a Fenix 3 without sapphire and after a few month the screen had several scratches. I sold it and bought another Fenix 3 (Ti version with sapphire) and almost a year and a half later the screen is still great on it..

If you are rough on watches or are planning on using it for workouts, swims ect then maybe consider the SS just for the sapphire display alone..

My .02

9. Dodgeman macrumors 6502

I was in this same predicament as you:

I have the First Generation Watch, and I got rid of it for a few reasons. I got a great deal on that Watch too when I got it a year ago.
    The Space Gray sport model I had was just fine. I don't use it for too much outside of activity tracking and notifications, only which calls/text are most important.
    The upgraded look/feel appealed to me, the water resistance, and the faster processor. (Not to mention the small speck of dust on the screen.) I wanted something that looked good and functioned well.
    I originally went back to the Sport, and Nike version at that causes that the only way I'd go Sport. It was a bit more sporty than I wanted and also the actual Watch felt like my previous one like I didn't even upgrade.
    So I dug in and really upgraded. Got the color I wanted with the band. I miss the old one a bit as it served my needs just fine but the Stainless black which I consider Low manitence has the features and the look I wanted.

10. jerm13 macrumors member

I got the Nike Space Gray with the black/gray band. I love the band and the Nike face. Eventually I'll get a SS for my work watch and the Nike will be weekend/exercise watch.

11. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Agreed. If one can spend the extra money on the stainless model. The Sapphire display really has been a premium feature. And more So, the sapphire display is used even on high end mechanical watches.

12. Eddie3345 macrumors member

Eddie3345

get a SS.
    Better screen
    Go's great with any band.
    Feels like a real watch. ( smidge more in weight than sport)
    You can always dress it down with a simple sport band and a spigen case so it will look like a g shock
    best of both worlds

13. PatrickNSF macrumors 6502

PatrickNSF

I gave my spouse my SB SS and am now wearing the Nike+ (Black/Gray band) full-time. I found this with the first generation, too...but I just prefer the lighter weight.

And though I mostly run with a Garmin, I really like the Nike+ watch faces.

14. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I agree the stainless steel gives the Watch a more actual "Watch feel" with weight from the stainless.

15. Kjung7 macrumors 6502

I think best combo would be SB SS with Nike Band. You could probably find a genuine Apple Nike band from eBay. I've seen them floating around.

16. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

There are authentic Nike Bands available for sale on eBay for a premium. Otherwise, some third party Nike Bands exist as well.

17. democracyrules macrumors 6502a

The above comment is totally correct, especially for work out.